The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 3 weeks later...

i'm desperate to see spiritualized at the sage

When's that? Seeing them at the Big Chill in August and can't wait.

its 19th december

got the tickets the other week 4 of us are going and we are staying at premier inn just on the other side of the river, only cost £120 for 4 of us which is a quality price...place probably has rats like but that dont bother me im just gunna be sleeping there after all

NME were speculating that jacko tickets will become collectors items, much like the 1994 nirvana tour that never was tickets which they said can fetch a good price, personally i think there are too many in circulation for them to ever be worth more than face value, but it'd be interesting to know how much 1 is worth in 20 years time

I think my brother had one of those Nirvana tickets, for AV Leisure centre if I remember right. Not sure what he did with it mind.

So did mine. One of his biggest regrets, never seeing them live!

I'm off to see U2 at Don Valley, Sheffield tomorrow. Not going to Reading this year now though.

Planning on going to see The Lemonheads next month. Got tickets for Biffy, Muse and Skunk Anansie in November.

Going to see The Fall at the O2 in Leeds in October. Looking forwrd to it, as I've not seen them live in about 8 years.

Also going to see Wilco in November at the same venue.

Just booked tickets for me and the lady to go see Russell Howard in Liverpool in December.

why? just why?

i'm yet to see him make a joke that doesn't refer to the daily express/mail in regard to immigrants. seems like a right clearing in the woods with his head permanently positioned up his communist arse.. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Going to see Jeff Beck on Monday. Actually, I'm going to see Imelda May who is supporting, if Jeff Beck is good, then that's a bonus. That said I'm currently listening to his 'Best of' for the first time and it's **** awful. Very good musicianship and production, but beyond that nothing redeeming whatsoever. Maybe I just had to be there....

Going to see Jeff Beck on Monday. Actually, I'm going to see Imelda May who is supporting, if Jeff Beck is good, then that's a bonus. That said I'm currently listening to his 'Best of' for the first time and it's **** awful. Very good musicianship and production, but beyond that nothing redeeming whatsoever. Maybe I just had to be there....

I went to see her last night in Buxton. Was an absolute pig of a journey on crappy buses but well worth it. She was excellent as usual. Had the bonus of sinking a few beers with her and the boys after the gig. She is playing Shepherds Bush Empire on the 9th of October as well Anthony

Just booked tickets for me and the lady to go see Russell Howard in Liverpool in December.

why? just why?

i'm yet to see him make a joke that doesn't refer to the daily express/mail in regard to immigrants. seems like a right clearing in the woods with his head permanently positioned up his communist arse.. :lol:

He certainly is left-wing, and he certainly plays up political comedy, but he's quite energetic, so the jokes are always flowing one after another, he gets set on tangents which are usually short and amusing, and he talks a lot about real life and feel-good-everyday-occurrences in his stand-up shows.

All about taste. I think he's very funny.

Re: this thread though, also got tickets in the next three months to go and see Frank Turner, Tegan And Sara and Regina Spektor. Also looking into tickets for Modest Mouse, 65daysofstatic, and Isis.

Just got back from the Jeff Beck/Imelda May gig. Really fuggen good. It was actually Jeff Beck and the Imelda May band on the stage at the same time - they're all awesome musicians; they basically performed all Jeff Beck's favourite songs (not his own stuff), so we had Peter Gunn, The Girl Can't Help it, Shake Rattle and Roll, Rock Around the Clock, Apache and loads more. Just fantastic rock 'n roll - not what I was expecting at all but just brilliant.

Â