The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 1 month later...

Saw Green Day in Dublin on Wednesday night. I have to say they put on a really high energy show and never stopped going for 2 1/2 hours. Well worth the entrance fee. I would recommend going to see them to anyone.

Saw Green Day in Dublin on Wednesday night. I have to say they put on a really high energy show and never stopped going for 2 1/2 hours. Well worth the entrance fee. I would recommend going to see them to anyone.

Can't say I'm much of a fan (of their later work any way), but I would agree. I saw them at a festival a few years back (Leeds possibly), and they really put the effort in, on stage. Had people running round stage in costumes, got people up from the crowd to play their instruments, and ended by setting fire to their drum kit. Most enjoyable, a great show band live.

Went to see Frank Turner on Monday in Wolverhampton. Awesome performance. Played a fair amount of stuff from all four of his albums, got the whole crowd singing along for most of the night, and finishing with Photosynthesis was just amazing, such a great singalong tune. Very very worth going to see, he's touring in March. Playing Brum I believe.

• 5 weeks later...

Now I've seen the Fall many a time, even tour managing a support band for a whole UK tour once, apart from the Bunnymen I've probably seen them more times than any other band. Last time I saw them, M.E.S was not exactly on form, the gig was a bit of a let down and I came to the conclusion I'd probably rather have gone to see Jah Wobble instead. I only found out the other day that the Fall were playing in Liverpool on Sunday and I thought, meh can't be arsed, but then an old old mate posted on acebook that he was going so on the spur of the moment, Sunday afternoon I decided to go and watch M.E.S. for yet another time but more for the sake of catching up with a old mate than the anticipation of seeing a good gig. Now the gig itself was better than last time, much better but probably not as good as the time before but as the set was drawing to an end I was happy to have been there and out for the night but it was nothing special then bugger me, all four of us suddenly looked at each other in disbelief.................were we hearing what we thought we were? We bloody well were, they were playing Psykick Dance Hall a song which is 30 years old, I've not known the Fall do a song from that early in their career since the early 80's - so glad I went just for that one song, made a good night into one I'll remember for years to come

Now I know Bicks loves The Fall I can see why he hates The Beatles.

I wonder if anybody in the world likes both?

Me actually, but I think it's safe to say that I like The Fall much more than The Beatles.

I've said it before quite a few times but I listened to The Fall for a while, didn't understand what Sir John found so irresistible about them and then left it at that. Then a few years later I listened again and everything just seemed to fall (pun intended) into place and make sense.

Fantastic band.

Now I know Bicks loves The Fall I can see why he hates The Beatles.

I wonder if anybody in the world likes both?

Me actually, but I think it's safe to say that I like The Fall much more than The Beatles.

I've said it before quite a few times but I listened to The Fall for a while, didn't understand what Sir John found so irresistible about them and then left it at that. Then a few years later I listened again and everything just seemed to fall (pun intended) into place and make sense.

Fantastic band.

I'm in the "can't see it at all" camp. Horrible noise.

Mike, I think I can see why someone who likes the Beatles might dislike the Fall, but despite not thinking much at all of the Beatles music myself, and very much liking the Fall I don't actually know why you'd automatically think a liking for the Fall's fine music would mean that someone would dislike the Beatles.

going to the academy in Brum tomorrow night for Delirious? Massive christian band, sold out here, Apollo London, Leeds academy plus more.

This is their last tour, finishing with the Apollo. Been around for 17 years and one of the most inspiritual, respected christian bands.

Went to see Lloyd Cole in Bath Tues night. Was,nt sure what to expect to be honest as i prefered his old stuff when he was with the Commotions. He delivered an accoustic set and i wenrt away very impressed. It was a mixture of tracks spanning the last 25 years.Well worth a looksee if you can.

Â