The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Nearly everything I've seen this year has been an 80's artist (only exception would be The Fall - they started in the seventies), only realised this on Saturday night.

I now have my new years resolution, go to more gigs and make a decent percentage of them...newer bands, less established bands

Imelda May tonight at the Town Hall in Brum.

I had tickets for this and she was amazing. I can't wait for her to visit again.

I saw her at the Beautiful Days festival in August. I hadn't a clue who she was but wasn't over keen on the act on the main stage and popped in to see what she was like. She absolutely blew me away, such a great voice.

Saw Paramore at Wembley Arena on Friday and was amazed by Hayley Williams. The quality of her vocal and the showmanship she put on as lead person was nothing short of brilliant. Admittedly she could have had anybody on the instruments behind her as it's quite simply her band, but I would recommend to anyone to go see her

Saw them in Birmingham. Very good.

Disappointed that she had blonde hair but still, wow, she is one fantastic looking woman.

Imelda May tonight at the Town Hall in Brum.

I had tickets for this and she was amazing. I can't wait for her to visit again.

I saw her at the Beautiful Days festival in August. I hadn't a clue who she was but wasn't over keen on the act on the main stage and popped in to see what she was like. She absolutely blew me away, such a great voice.

She was excellent wasn't she . She has a fantastic band backing her as well. I have lucky enough to have been drinking with her a couple of times after gigs.She is dead sound and down to earth. Wish I was in Dublin for the gig at the o2 tomorrow night. The gig at Vicar Street in June is one of the best gigs I have ever seen.

• 1 month later...

27th Feb, Cate Le Bon at Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff

not something that would have appealed a couple of years ago, but I must be mellowing into a folksy psychie middle age, opening track of the new album, Me Oh My is just lovely

tickets £7

Shouldnt ye be having an early night on the 27th ? :-)

all part of a big weekend!

plan for 28th still a bit vague but boils down to:

a) expensive club wembley tickets via a contact

B) £50 1st class train return, leather seat free coffee & hearty breakfast, pub somewhere around the ground to soak it all up

c) watch it on the telly with me dad and use the money saved for 10/11 season ticket - never had one, always wanted one and the opportunity might be just about surfacing

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for something to do this Saturday, seen the Sunshine Underground are playing kasbah in cov, anyone been to see them ?,

I have seen them twice as a support band for the Twang and the Happy Mondays.

I highly recommend seeing them if you have the chance.

Went to see The sunshine Underground on Friday in Derby. They were really good and supported by 51 Breaks. On Sunday I went to see The Band of Skulls at the Hare & Hounds and was blown away by how good they were. They're off to America on tour soon and I'm sure will be a big success so if you get a chance to see them before they go I'd reccomend them.

I saw The Sunshine Underground for free at the Hare and Hounds a few months back, was a free gig they did promoting their new EP. Was a great night. Saw Band of Skulls even before that at the Hare and Hounds aswell as part of 'Danielle Perry Presents' off Kerrang Radio (who I'm very good friends with so got in for free). Two great bands.

Sunshine underground were on top form, moved it up a notch from their free show at hare and hounds, and band of skulls were truely amazing. Far too good for that venue and I dont think we'll be seeing anymore shows that size from them

Anyone know the best way to get tickets to see Noel Gallagher at the Royal Albert Hall next month? Im desperate to see him play - but don't want to buy from a tout and risk the inevitable dodgy ticket scam!

Anyone who may want to seel please PM me!

there was a rumor going around that Noel might be playing a few smaller venues before the royal albert hall earlier in march. if someone could just tell me if this is more than a rumor that would be great. i would love to see him and love to take my husband to see him even more!!!

Â