1. 1. Pick

• Yes
    • No - we need to work as a team
    • No - I distrust employees from being out of sight
    • No - a working environment creates better results

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Clarry said:

How does she smell?

I dont know where this came from, but it came from somewhere and as a teen, whenever I told the my wife went to the West indies for her holiday joke, it was always mixed with the my dog has no nose joke.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Our management teams in meltdown. My manager is a lazy **** that isnt managed very well at all by his boss. Now a few complaints have gone above my bosses boss to regional director. The managers are not on good terms at all.

Have a feeling this will result in more days in office for us

Nothing like punishing the rest of the workforce for one person's behaviour

(you're not alone, my place have implied this will happen too)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nothing like punishing the rest of the workforce for one person's behaviour

(you're not alone, my place have implied this will happen too)

100% agree stevo

How do you think your team will take to it?

Mine has been very negative and morale is at a all time low. Ive never seen it this bad

The actual working in the office is fine, i think the real gripe for a lot of people is the commute. Spending hours a day travelling, using expensive and unreliable public transport, to get to and from the workplace. 

• Like 1

I'm still on strike from our office, I've only done the last 2 Mondays in there, the rest I've been WFH, my concentration has fell off a cliff now though, I'm getting distracted by absolutely everything, thing is, this was happening when I was doing 4 days a week in the office, from next week I'll just go in when I feel it and I'll probably do 2 or 3 days a week in there.

The problem has come from training the newbie, knowing that I pretty much "have" to go in even on the odd days that I would have chose to stay at home, no one was forcing me, but with the newbie it was only fair that I was there as much as possible to show him the ropes.

He's at the point now where he can "kind of" figure out what he's doing so I've got a bit more freedom.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

100% agree stevo

How do you think your team will take to it?

Mine has been very negative and morale is at a all time low. Ive never seen it this bad

They won’t. I convinced our director that it was a **** stupid idea and luckily he listened.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The actual working in the office is fine, i think the real gripe for a lot of people is the commute. Spending hours a day travelling, using expensive and unreliable public transport, to get to and from the workplace. 

The way i look at it if you been working from home for 3 years its very difficult to just get staff back in. Maybe 1 or 2 days in office at best a week but its simply shit for morale if you are bringing them back full time.

At 1st i hated working from home but changed my whole life around now for them bought a chair desk turned a room inro office etc

For me it has to make sense to go back in full-time as in a logical reason not just taht they want us to go back in

I’m still working from home, have been since covid and I’ve got so used to it I don’t ever want to go back full time to an office. I started a new job in January which was a big step up, I’ve had to really work hard which has reduced the time I spend posting and reading on here, but I’m lucky in that my job does require me to go out and about for meetings. I get to meet a lot of new people and visit exotic places like Paris, Brussels, London, Newcastle and erm… Suffolk.

But it breaks the week up and I’m glad for the trip out. Then when I’m back at my dining table in comfy shorts and slippers the next day I’m always glad to be in my own surroundings. 

We had a call with several of our healthcare workers today, me, my other half, our paediatric consultant, nursery manager, the school and families team, few other health workers.

Most of us clearly working from home but reasonably presentable. I don't dress up to work from home, most days I'm just wearing a band shirt and jeans, but I'm not customer facing. If I occasionally do have to meet clients, I get a shirt and tie on, you know, make a bare minimum effort to tailor my attire to the circumstances.

Our schools and families team key worker was very clearly wearing her pyjamas at 13:00 in the afternoon for a meeting with external professionals and members of the public. Could hardly believe it. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

We had a call with several of our healthcare workers today, me, my other half, our paediatric consultant, nursery manager, the school and families team, few other health workers.

Most of us clearly working from home but reasonably presentable. I don't dress up to work from home, most days I'm just wearing a band shirt and jeans, but I'm not customer facing. If I occasionally do have to meet clients, I get a shirt and tie on, you know, make a bare minimum effort to tailor my attire to the circumstances.

Our schools and families team key worker was very clearly wearing her pyjamas at 13:00 in the afternoon for a meeting with external professionals and members of the public. Could hardly believe it. 

These people will ruin it for us all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Since covid I've probably been on Team's calls with thousands of people working from home for the Banks suppliers (I'm the customer/client and auditing them) and the majority of them aren't in collared shirts, let alone wearing a tie.

I woulsnt judge them for it as the World's moved on from it and is less formal now. Dress for your day.

Wearing pyjamas is pushing it though. 

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Since covid I've probably been on Team's calls with thousands of people working from home for the Banks suppliers (I'm the customer/client and auditing them) and the majority of them aren't in collared shirts, let alone wearing a tie.

I woulsnt judge them for it as the World's moved on from it and is less formal now. Dress for your day.

Wearing pyjamas is pushing it though. 

That surprises me, especially in banking. For me it depends on the type of call. Jumping on with their techies to look at some support issues, I'm just in tshirts, but I occasionally get tagged in to sales demos and in that sort of call, I think with some customers there's still an expectation there. If in doubt I think it better to be overdressed than underdressed

For a general day I just where whatever I'd be comfortable going out to the shops in. I guess the problem is some people think PJs are acceptable there too

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That surprises me, especially in banking. For me it depends on the type of call. Jumping on with their techies to look at some support issues, I'm just in tshirts, but I occasionally get tagged in to sales demos and in that sort of call, I think with some customers there's still an expectation there. If in doubt I think it better to be overdressed than underdressed

For a general day I just where whatever I'd be comfortable going out to the shops in. I guess the problem is some people think PJs are acceptable there too

Sales/Account management would be wearing a shirt if anyone but that was far from guaranteed. 

Policy owners/Risk controllers much less likely.

Techies. More chance of them being dressed as Stormtroopers than seeing them in a collared shirt and tie.

Whenever I was leading the audits though I'd always try and make them less formal and stuffy, and more human and relaxed so that might have played into it.

2020 - for your own safety, we must all work from home. Please expense anything you need to make this arrangement work. We fully support you

2021 - it's clear that working from home is working. This is the new future, and we are committed to embracing this new way of working and are now making it policy that employees can work from anywhere

2022 - No not ANYWHERE. We didn't mean that. We just meant from home. But your home has to be here. So to stop everyone working from the bahamas we're now making hybrid working official and you have to be in the office 2 or 3 days a week

2023 - working from home was never going to last forever. Come back into the office every day you **** layabout lazy words removed

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

2020 - for your own safety, we must all work from home. Please expense anything you need to make this arrangement work. We fully support you

2021 - it's clear that working from home is working. This is the new future, and we are committed to embracing this new way of working and are now making it policy that employees can work from anywhere

2022 - No not ANYWHERE. We didn't mean that. We just meant from home. But your home has to be here. So to stop everyone working from the bahamas we're now making hybrid working official and you have to be in the office 2 or 3 days a week

2023 - working from home was never going to last forever. Come back into the office every day you **** layabout lazy words removed

Nail on head stevo

Partners work has called them back in 2 days a week. I've been doing 2 days a week since 2021. 

If they call us back in full time I can't do it. We live an hour away at best from our workplaces. Which was fine before...but we have a child now, I can't literally drop him off and pick him in time every single day and get to work.

I pray now they don't renage on the unspoken policy. People's lives have changed. 

Â