• No - we need to work as a team
    • No - I distrust employees from being out of sight
    • No - a working environment creates better results

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Tell that to my son, the little clearing in the woods

Well yeah, same boat!

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s funny how times change, mine are 11 and 13 and I get up before them at the weekend now.

Can't wait!

I've been in the office a few times this week so far, mainly to welcome a new starter and get him through the deluge of admin and introduce him to people etc.  I was in at 7AM today, thought about clocking off at 4ish and then someone grabs me and says "hey, can we have a quick chat".  The quick chat wasn't a quick chat at all and I ended up leaving at 5:30PM  :bang:.  If I'm working from home, we'd have chats but I set my status as offline come 4PM usually to deter this kind of thing. 

When we had the kitchen extended we built it the full length of the house, so we now have a spare room off the utility. Mrs wanted it as a spare bedroom, which I said was silly, as we already have a spare bedroom upstairs, so we agreed to make it into a office space. I put a posh desk in there, computer 2 screens all set up, couple of pictures, lovely space for me I thought! Problem is I've used it twice in a year, as when I work from home, it's usually on the sofa with the laptop, sport on in the background. Mrs ain't mentioned it yet, but I'm sure she will, 😂

• Haha 1

Nationwide have told their staff they need to be back 2 days a week in the office. This was the company that made a big deal about the 'work from anywhere' stance they previously had. 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Nationwide have told their staff they need to be back 2 days a week in the office. This was the company that made a big deal about the 'work from anywhere' stance they previously had. 

Not great.

But where do they intend to put them as banks seem to be closing all their branches!

Very annoying 

Yes, the cashiers have not been working from home.

But most branches will have a back office facility of a couple of people. 

Nationwide, remember, have made a big advertising play of not closing their branches like the other big mean banks.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Can't see Santander following being as their huge office in Netherton (or Bootle if you believe the post office) - the old Girobank is up for demolition now, even the social club has shut down. All the staff are WFH

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is probably back office staff, not branch based.

But then you have the problem of oh because i am back office i have to come in but branch staff dont have to.

Thats going to cause issues for morale in the work place

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But then you have the problem of oh because i am back office i have to come in but branch staff dont have to.

Thats going to cause issues for morale in the work place

If the branch is closed then the staff won’t be paid to stay home. They’ll either be redeployed or made redundant.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dunno about anyone else but i hate thats its all online.

I dont want to be giving my bank details over the phone when i have a issue

I don’t think I’ve needed to go into my bank in over a decade.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

anything where i have to give my card details i go in branch.

What sort of things?

Ive contacted the bank once or twice but it has been using their live chat function in the app and I haven’t needed to send bank/card details. Usually they just send a text or email with a code to verify I am who I say I am.

I once got scammed out of about £300 and that was refunded after a phone call.

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

What sort of things?

Ive contacted the bank once or twice but it has been using their live chat function in the app and I haven’t needed to send bank/card details. Usually they just send a text or email with a code to verify I am who I say I am.

I once got scammed out of about £300 and that was refunded after a phone call.

So i got a random text saying there was alleged fraud on my account. To call a number. No chance im doing that over the phone with all the scams going on.

Another was my online banking was down so i could not see if money had been moved so not gonna be ringing regarding that either.

I had someone who i loaned money pay me back in cash so needed to go in branch to put back in my account.

Just a few examples of why i need branches 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So i got a random text saying there was alleged fraud on my account. To call a number. No chance im doing that over the phone with all the scams going on.

Another was my online banking was down so i could not see if money had been moved so not gonna be ringing regarding that either.

I had someone who i loaned money pay me back in cash so needed to go in branch to put back in my account.

Just a few examples of why i need branches 

If you want to be sure you’re calling the right people always get the phone number from their website, rather than an email/text. Then you can sort out whatever the issue is over the phone.

You can pay money into your account at a post office if there is no local bank branch.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you want to be sure you’re calling the right people always get the phone number from their website, rather than an email/text. Then you can sort out whatever the issue is over the phone.

You can pay money into your account at a post office if there is no local bank branch.

The post office near me are so bad. They are under staffed, rude and just not very helpful 

Prefer banks tbh.

Yeah i do check but i really dont like giving my card details over the phone tbh. Always been like this

Â