The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

My naff memory has led to me being unsure whether or not I got round to recommending this...

sling-blade1_8859325.jpg

It's brilliant, some of the dialogue haunts me to this day. When he talks about his baby brother by the lake...wow.

Good shout on Sling Blade, cracking performance from Bill Bob in that one. He's also excellent in the oft overlooked Coen brothers movie The man who wasn't there.

200px-Man_Who_Wasn%27t_There_soundtrack.jpg

Gage: Mr. Zuckerberg, do I have your full attention?

Mark Zuckerberg: [stares out the window] No.

Gage: Do you think I deserve it?

Mark Zuckerberg: [looks at the lawyer] What?

Gage: Do you think I deserve your full attention?

Mark Zuckerberg: I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no.

Gage: Okay - no. You don't think I deserve your attention.

Mark Zuckerberg: I think if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it a try - but there's no requirement that I enjoy sitting here listening to people lie. You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing.

[pauses]

Mark Zuckerberg: Did I adequately answer your condescending question?

This movie is win.

Watched "The Fourth Kind" last night on Sky....far too late!

Rather scary and un-nerving...with supposed real footage of people supposedly who'd been abducted... acting like they were possessed.

Alien voices speaking Sumerian on real footage.

Â