The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I saw Back to the Future on friday night - it was awesome fun. Amazed how much of the film I'd forgotten. Opening scenes etc, had me confused, it was like I was watching some of it for the first time. I'd recommend people going for it.

Watched this on Saturday night

triangle-movie-poster.jpg

It is still bouncing around in my head a few days later, highly recommended, and if you watch it not knowing what it's about you will enjoy it X10

could have a thread of it's own for discussion

Watched this on Saturday night

triangle-movie-poster.jpg

It is still bouncing around in my head a few days later, highly recommended, and if you watch it not knowing what it's about you will enjoy it X10

could have a thread of it's own for discussion

watched this a while back thought it was quite good, the acting was pretty shoddy but it was a decent film.

me sister watched it for the first time a few weeks back and emailed me at work asking me to explain what the whole thing was about because she has the mental capacity of a retarded duck and didn't understand a thing about it....after trying to rack my brains as to what happened in it I sent her a full essay trying to sum it up, its actually pretty dificult to explain what its about and why things happen in it

Haven't read the last few pages, but has anyone seen Devil yet and what do you think of it?

Have not seen it but I have be warned off it, apparently its not that good. A twilight zone 30mins good idea stretched to 1.5 hours.

I think it was Mark Kermode*

*Same guy who thinks Twilight first 3 films are better than Star wars 4,5,6 so make up your own mind.

nme were reporting affleck has turned down the chance to direct the next superman, much like gone baby gone he seems to be really comfortable in his own backyard, the settings and the people all feel really real IMO

was also good to see the driver / his gangster mate, leading cop / the uncle in both films, those were the 2 that jumped out at me im sure there was a couple more

Haven't read the last few pages, but has anyone seen Devil yet and what do you think of it?

Have not seen it but I have be warned off it, apparently its not that good. A twilight zone 30mins good idea stretched to 1.5 hours.

I think it was Mark Kermode*

*Same guy who thinks Twilight first 3 films are better than Star wars 4,5,6 so make up your own mind.

Ha, I heard differing reviews. probably seeing it soon, so I'll find out then.

By Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 are we talking about the first 3? if we are, got to disagree with MK. The Twilight trilogy was boring.

Cheers.

Kermode famously doesn't think much of the Star Wars trilogy as he's a fan of harder sci fi and the Star Wars films are, in those terms, fluff.

He also thinks the Toy Story trilogy is the best trilogy ever made because its, in his opinion, the only trilogy that doesn't have a weak installment.

Generally though I think he's spot on, his like of the Twilight films (and his like of 'genre film making') are his main foibles.

machete-poster1.jpg

Machete

One of the most violent and stylish films I have seen in a good long while.

Good cast, directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Saw this a few weeks ago and didn't think much of it in all honesty. There were some good bits, yet I had expected more...

machete-poster1.jpg

Machete

One of the most violent and stylish films I have seen in a good long while.

Good cast, directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Mentioned this a couple of pages back. It's good fun, but nowhere near as 'Grindhouse' as I thought it would be. Although Jessica Alba :notworthy:

Â