The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Way, Way Back yesterday because of the reviews on here..

Really good film tbh, enjoyed it. Sam Rockwell was brilliant! 8/10

Just watched it myself and thought it was brilliant. Bought the soundtrack too! Finding and choosing music for a film must be an amazing job.

• Like 1

i think a fair few of them are actual musicians or failed musicians

mike skinner from the streets does a lot of it, matt bellamy does a bit (he'll do composing and soundtrack selection) and the RZA does pretty much all of tarantino's stuff

personally id happily a set location finder, dream job

Watched The Way, Way Back yesterday because of the reviews on here..

Really good film tbh, enjoyed it. Sam Rockwell was brilliant! 8/10

Just watched it myself and thought it was brilliant. Bought the soundtrack too! Finding and choosing music for a film must be an amazing job.

Yes excellent film

i think a fair few of them are actual musicians or failed musicians

mike skinner from the streets does a lot of it, matt bellamy does a bit (he'll do composing and soundtrack selection) and the RZA does pretty much all of tarantino's stuff

personally id happily a set location finder, dream job

Yeah, being a location scout would be an amazing job too. Getting paid to go all around the world and look for amazing looking places. How do you even get into that sort of work? I guess you maybe start off as a runner on a set and hope you get lucky.

Weird, bought way way back & kings of summer just now. Tbh I went a bit mad today in hmv and that's entertainment, picked up:

Way way back

Kings of summer

Her

Dallas buyers club

Stakeland

Also bought the wire season 1, arcade fire - funeral, blackberry smoke - the whippoorwill, spec ops the line ps3 & Rio on blu ray for the missus so that I feel less bad about spending so much. None of those are films I know but I wanted to share what I bought on my lone shopping spree while the missus was at uni. I have no life.

Edited by Ingram85

Nebraska's the scheduled viewing for this Sunday.  Another VT recommendation, so if it's naff I'll be personally hunting you all down and laughing at your shoes derisively.

• Like 1

Nebraska's the scheduled viewing for this Sunday.  Another VT recommendation, so if it's naff I'll be personally hunting you all down and laughing at your shoes derisively.

If you don't laugh at the scene at the graveyard you have no soul.

It's an incredible movie by the way, absolutely top notch.

• Like 2

Said it many times before but if you loved the way way back then watch kings of summer.

Both great films

I must be the only person that didn't rate The Way Way Back. I thought given the talent on show it should have been much, much better. Not a bad movie but I just found it very derivative and had a feel of 'Indie film by numbers'.

Kings of Summer on the other hand, I thought was superb.

I am really looking forward to it, I love Bruce Dern and am currently having a post-Breaking Bad Bob Odenkirk appreciation phase (though I will neither confirm nor deny possession of a soul).

I thought The Way Way Back straddled the line between conventional Hollywood coming-of-age flick and Indie film, so I can see where you're coming from. I still enjoyed it for what it was though, and I think a lot of people can relate to feeling like an outcast and having a messed up family.

Let's face it, you want some gritty, depressing film where the protagonist fails and there's no happy ending for anyone involved ;)

I think TrueMovies is the channel for CED :thumb:

Â