The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just read that there's a USA remake of Audition in the pipeline.

Seriously, just shoot me now.

I'll let you stand directly behind me while I shoot myself with a shotgun if you want?

• Like 1

Just read that there's a USA remake of Audition in the pipeline.

Seriously, just shoot me now.

I'll let you stand directly behind me while I shoot myself with a shotgun if you want?

Both ask to be buried at sea, so I can tie myself to your coffins, and go down with you.

:)

http://youtu.be/xSUCMGJXHtY

:mellow:

:angry:

Shame they ditched Proyas, I'd have thought his Dark City aesthetique would have lent itself very well to a Dracula film.

I think it looks utter codswallop to be honest.

I always get a bit excited when there's mention of a Vlad Tepes movie (one of my favourite historical characters, I find him fascinating), but this looks like another in a long line of soulless CGI fests.

The sad thing for me, is that anyone who knows anything about him (Tepes) knows that there's no need for a melding of the Dracula story to make things exciting. He was an incredibly interesting character anyway, with enough violent battles and gore in his true story to satisfy any horror / fantasy fan.

Hopefully someday, someone will do him justice on film.

Inside Llewyn Davis - 6 out of 10. Really was disappointed tbh. A bit bland and it was all a bit 'was that it' at the end of it. Gave it a decent score though as the acting was first class and loved the soundtrack so much ive downloaded it.

Annie Hall - 9 out of 10. Woody Allen at his best. Explores love and heartbreak. Beautiful movie that I just read beat star wars in the oscars as best picture.

Blue is the warmest colour - 7 out of 10 - highly rated french romantic drama film from last year. Was decent enough and worth a watch.

Edited by donnie

I think it looks utter codswallop to be honest.

I always get a bit excited when there's mention of a Vlad Tepes movie (one of my favourite historical characters, I find him fascinating), but this looks like another in a long line of soulless CGI fests.

The sad thing for me, is that anyone who knows anything about him (Tepes) knows that there's no need for a melding of the Dracula story to make things exciting. He was an incredibly interesting character anyway, with enough violent battles and gore in his true story to satisfy any horror / fantasy fan.

Hopefully someday, someone will do him justice on film.

Here you go. Better than any CGI crap Hollywood could make. http://youtu.be/iDpxJHblYEU
  • Like 1

Talking of Ron Swanson, I watched We're The Millers the other day. Not half as bad as I expected, and was actually pretty amusing.

Yeah watched it again I laughed a lot .....bright future for the young English kid

Castaway  (1986)  First time i had seen this film,since it was released in 1986 and i watched it at the cinema.I generally enjoy any film with Oliver Reed in it and this was no exception .Well worth watching 7/10 

Â