The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

633 Squadron  I really enjoy watching a old British war movie , Watched this one for the umpteenth time last night and enjoyed it as always .A 7/10 for me 

633 Squadron I really enjoy watching a old British war movie , Watched this one for the umpteenth time last night and enjoyed it as always .A 7/10 for me

Whoah Whoah Whoah! What year was this film made?

Kindergarden Cop 6.5/10 enjoyable watch

6.5 are you crazy man? 53rd best film of all time!

When are they going to make interesting blockbusters again :(

TBF I think guardians of the galaxy looks like it will be that interesting blockbuster, if they can get the right mix between humour and violence and plenty of 80s references in, problem being it'll struggle to shake the comic book and the set up for avengers 3 / marvel mega mix

Problem is new films struggle to establish themselves in the comic book lead market of summer blockbusters, been some massive flops over the last couple of summers, especially from Disney, most of them just get lost in the mire

Said about 10 pages back my 3 films for the summer were Godzilla, dawn of the planet of the apes and guardians, Godzilla was ok, hope for more from the other 2 (with 22 jump street as the outsider)

Just seen edge of tomorrow is doing well reviews wise so I might go see thar

When are they going to make interesting blockbusters again :(

when they run out of shit comic book characters.

So like, 75 years

They won't run out. They'll just reboot the same household names over and over. Fine by me. :D

Watched the new robocop last night, pales in comparison to the original.

I know it's not meant to be the same film but if you are going to use its name you have to set yourself for the critique. Not dark enough, not gritty enough, And far too airbrushed.

Poor reincarnation!

I see godzilla is getting quite good reviews here and on IMDB.I hated it, everything about it sucked(imo) except the CG and the last fight.
All I could hear when walking out of the theater was people talking about how poor it was, included the 4 persons I was with, who's somewhat of godzilla fans.
Guess people just have different taste. Seems to be a bit of love it or hate it kind of movie.
For me it has to be one of my most unsuccessful trips to the cinema.

91saZVPNoyL._SL1500_.jpg

A must see for anyone who has listened to riot grrl. Not quite enough substance for me to recommend it to punk fans in general, as it is basically Kathleen Hanna: The Movie, but I was fine with that. What a grrl. Didn't know how sick (as in poorly, not well sick init) she was till seeing it either. The Julie Ruin are touring at the moment - in fact they play Leeds tomorrow. I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with seeing her perform knowing what she goes through to be able to get on stage.

It was funded via kickstarter, so isn't by any means the most polished documentary you'll ever see, but hey man it's about the riot grrl scene so that's cool. One of the top pledge rewards on the kickstarter was to have Kathleen herself redesign one of the rooms in your house. Apparently she's well in to it. I hope that cover this in The Punk Singer Prt 2 : Hanna does Homes.

On a completely seperate note I see Gareth Edwards of being from Nuneaton fame (he also directed Monters and Godzilla or somat) has got the nod to direct a Star Wars 'spin off', not part of the next 3 'trilogy movies'. Here's hoping for a Hutt centric flick.

On a completely seperate note I see Gareth Edwards of being from Nuneaton fame (he also directed Monters and Godzilla or somat) has got the nod to direct a Star Wars 'spin off', not part of the next 3 'trilogy movies'. Here's hoping for a Hutt centric flick.

Wookie courtroom drama, or an all Twi'lek remake of Showgirls please.

• Like 1

Battlestar Potemkin - downtrodden Stormtroopers stage a mutiny aboard an Executor-class Star Destroyer, flushing Grand Moff Vakulinchuk's body out of an airlock.

• Like 1

Â