The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Elysium last night - thought it was 'just ok' as a Sci-Fi action flick.

Looked very good but regardless of the decent cast, lacked something that made the whole thing a little drab and unfulfilling.

Tonight I'll be watching - In A World (and looking forward to it!)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Xmen days of future past

Probably the best xmen film yet IMO I thought it was really well paced and worked perfectly with the past and future story lines, no doubt it is full of plot holes but none really jumped out at me (other than xmen 3 by and large being forgotten) there were maybe a few too many cheesy nods to the future, and not all of the mutants work (sunspot was ok, bishop was disappointing, warpath was pointless, not a beast fan and wolverine seemed strangely neutered) some were good though (they used blink really well, quicksilver was good too)

I think they've got a problem for AoA though, fassbender and mcavoy smash this again, not sure when they set the next film but they're better than Stewart and mckellen

Can anyone think of this film where this guy goes and tries and kill these judges of a talent show cos theyre laughing at some disabled lad singing do you know where youre going to?

Can anyone think of this film where this guy goes and tries and kill these judges of a talent show cos theyre laughing at some disabled lad singing do you know where youre going to?

God bless America. Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

God bless America.

Thank you, I was beginning to wonder if it was an actual movie or if it was a dream

I only stopped watching it 20 mins ago and want to watch it again. The yacht conversation scene was splendid. How did Di Caprio not get an oscar for it. Instantly in my top 10 films.

Edited by Ingram85

I dunno I think that being a bit harsh on Matthew mcconaughy who is superb in Dallas buyers club, his from 12 years a slave was better than him too IMO

It's a shame Leo hasn't got that Oscar but Forrest Whittaker was superb when leo was up for blood diamond, and so was fox when he was up for aviator, maybe a bit unlucky to lose the supporting one to tommy lee jones but I'd have given that to fiennes for schindlers list anyway

Â