The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

My all-time-favourite 'audience laughs when they're not supposed to' moment was when me and my mates went to the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. There's a bit when Anakin is in bed, and he starts writhing around a bit, the camera is just on his head so you can't see what is going on below, and he starts going 'oh no, no, oh nooo, no no'. For a group of 15 year old lads, it was hilarious. In fact if I watched it now I would still find it funny, I'm sure.

It was the lightsaber duel between (IIRC) Christopher Lee and Yoda which had the cinema audience in stitches when I watched it.

My all-time-favourite 'audience laughs when they're not supposed to' moment was when me and my mates went to the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. There's a bit when Anakin is in bed, and he starts writhing around a bit, the camera is just on his head so you can't see what is going on below, and he starts going 'oh no, no, oh nooo, no no'. For a group of 15 year old lads, it was hilarious. In fact if I watched it now I would still find it funny, I'm sure.

It was the lightsaber duel between (IIRC) Christopher Lee and Yoda which had the cinema audience in stitches when I watched it.

My favourite was Spider-man 3 when Peter accidents smacks MJ in the face and some guy at the back shouted "the man". Edited by Oaks

After Earth starring Will and Jaden Smith and directed by M Night Shamalamalam

What after earth could possibly go wrong? :blink:

I told my mate it's a sequel to Pursuit of Happyness and he believed me. :)

Tried to tell everyone in the pub and got teased for it.

Either I need to be a nicer, more honest friend or I need to seek out less gullible ones :D

My favourite was Spider-man 3 when Peter accidents smacks MJ in the face and some guy at the back shouted "the man".

See I went to the other extreme for Spiderman 3.

That was so shit I actually got angry.

The bit where he struts down the street dressed like a goth I basically threw my popcorn down and tried to leave. My friends stopped me in the end.

Hands down the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema. I'd watch Fast and Furious 6 a million times before watching Spiderman 3 again.

The bit where he struts down the street dressed like a goth I basically threw my popcorn down and tried to leave. My friends stopped me in the end.

Hands down the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema. I'd watch Fast and Furious 6 a million times before watching Spiderman 3 again.

Absolutely agree. As a massive Spidey fan I was naturally looking forward to that film since it had Venom in it who was always one of my favourite villains. I thought the first two of Raimi's Spider-man films were pretty decent, though not really how I pictured my favourite superhero on the silver screen.

Then he went and took the piss with Spider-man 3. He didn't want to do the Venom storyline, his favourite villain was Sandman which is why he gets so much screentime despite being an intensely boring character. I don't know if he was forced into it by the studio because the fans wanted Venom, but he clearly didn't want to do it and he made an absolute mockery of the whole thing.

Everyone in the cinema was laughing when Peter Parker went 'emo' except me. I was cringing and pissed off to say the least. What was Raimi thinking with that Saturday Night Fever strut down the street? I've avoided watching Sam Raimi films ever since out of principle.

@ anyone who is up to date with X-Men movie info and/or generally just likes them;

The new X-Men film is called 'Days of Future Past'. I was wondering if that means it's both a sequel and a prequel at the same time. A sprequel, if you will.

Although I've never really enjoyed many of them, and don't really know if they're all part of the same series? Is it one of these things which has been rebooted, like Spiderman?

Edited by hogso

Oh yeah the film was shit which is the reason I remember that moment even more.

Another laugh out loud moment was a post pub late showing of one of the latter Harry Potter films when Ron and Harry were in an loft somewhere and the homosexual vibe the sniggering started and then when Rons sister came in she did his shoe lases up and as she went down someone said "hey up". The whole cinema started laughing apart from one bird who through a hissy fit.

• Like 1

@ anyone who is up to date with X-Men movie info and/or generally just likes them;

The new X-Men film is called 'Days of Future Past'. I was wondering if that means it's both a sequel and a prequel at the same time. A sprequel, if you will.

Although I've never really enjoyed many of them, and don't really know if they're all part of the same series? Is it one of these things which has been rebooted, like Spiderman?

It is a sprequel. It ties together the First Class and original Xmen films, using a storyline from the comics that involves the infraction between the past and future. Fairly ambitious undertaking, the cast should be enormous, and already includes Peter Dinklage.

It is a sprequel. It ties together the First Class and original Xmen films, using a storyline from the comics that involves the infraction between the past and future. Fairly ambitious undertaking, the cast should be enormous, and already includes Peter Dinklage.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. Liked the 'chemistry' between McAvoy and Fassbender in XM:FC (even if the kids characters were slightly...... off. Which I believe we have discussed on here before)

Yeah seriously, if you go into that film and moan that it has someone jumping from one car to another as ridiculous then why even bother going to see it? The trailer has them pulling down a plane with cars, a plane! But the runways not long enough? Oh okay then..

Ridiculous film, its hilarious the rock just sweats when standing still :lol:

There's a way to make those films and a way not to make them. I've not seen it, never will, but I trust Steve's judgement on most artistic things and his opinion fits what I expected.

There's nothing inherently wrong with an action romp, regardless of whether I'm a fan or not. But they can be so poorly written, directed, acted and shot that they cross the line from ridiculous fun into just plain bad, bad, bad kind of ridiculous and there's just no need for that.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. Liked the 'chemistry' between McAvoy and Fassbender in XM:FC (even if the kids characters were slightly...... off. Which I believe we have discussed on here before)

I'm curious about it. First Class suffered for it's development - a car crash of 2 scripts after they failed to convince anyone that X-men Origins: Magneto, or X-Men First Class would stand alone so mashed them together. The 'First Class' bit was rubbish, the stuff with Magneto and Charles Xavier worked brilliantly well (even with Fassbenders slow drift towards Magneto'Malley). And the original films were... alright. X2 is a genuinely good film, 3 is ropey and 1 is a tentative step into the modern comic film world.

So weaving both timelines together in such an ambitious plotline is intriguing. Could be brilliant, could be a car crash.

I'm curious about it. First Class suffered for it's development - a car crash of 2 scripts after they failed to convince anyone that X-men Origins: Magneto, or X-Men First Class would stand alone so mashed them together. The 'First Class' bit was rubbish, the stuff with Magneto and Charles Xavier worked brilliantly well (even with Fassbenders slow drift towards Magneto'Malley). And the original films were... alright. X2 is a genuinely good film, 3 is ropey and 1 is a tentative step into the modern comic film world.

So weaving both timelines together in such an ambitious plotline is intriguing. Could be brilliant, could be a car crash.

Agreed on all counts there. I will of course go and see it..

its been done in the cartoons before, but that was current day and the future and with bishop instead of kitty pryde, who unfortunately IMO isn't a great character but will be central to the plot, the film should play take liberty with it too to make it fit, with omar sy being cast they could have bishop and kitty in the film

a fair few of the kids haven't been cast this time around, unfortunately probably too many of the cast from X3 have, some of the additions could be good though

Saw the Descendants last night. Good movie, I liked it. Worth a look for sure.

That the Clooney Hawaii thing? Yeah, I enjoyed it too.

Absolutely agree. As a massive Spidey fan I was naturally looking forward to that film since it had Venom in it who was always one of my favourite villains. I thought the first two of Raimi's Spider-man films were pretty decent, though not really how I pictured my favourite superhero on the silver screen.

Then he went and took the piss with Spider-man 3. He didn't want to do the Venom storyline, his favourite villain was Sandman which is why he gets so much screentime despite being an intensely boring character. I don't know if he was forced into it by the studio because the fans wanted Venom, but he clearly didn't want to do it and he made an absolute mockery of the whole thing.

Everyone in the cinema was laughing when Peter Parker went 'emo' except me. I was cringing and pissed off to say the least. What was Raimi thinking with that Saturday Night Fever strut down the street? I've avoided watching Sam Raimi films ever since out of principle.

Add me to that goth/emo bit, totally annoying.

Â