The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched American Psycho.

Really enjoyed it, despite not really knowing if I understood it totally or not!

Did he actually commit the murders? I kind of assume he did given Dafoe's character being around. But the last scene with the lawyer kind of made me think he might have dreamt it all, or maybe he wasn't even Bateman at all.

Or that we were seeing him through his own eyes if you like. How he saw himself. Whereas everyone else thought he was a loser

Oh yeah, thanks!

pretty much how I saw it.

I saw it one of two ways. Either he did murder them all, and the story was basically that everyone in that culture is so alike that he could literally get away with murder.

or

it was all in his head. Including his whole persona. A couple of times "Bateman" is referred to as a loser or a geek (or words to that effect) so I was thinking that was his true persona most of the time. This quite cool, cold blooded killer was all in his head and just how he saw himself.

Crazy film though. Really liked it

The only film out of that list I posted on Friday that I got to watch was Kid with a Bike. Not even one of the ones I really wanted to see, but in the end the decision of which to watch was made for me...

It was good though. 'sfilm about a kid with a bike, funnily enough, who is a bit naughty, but only cos his dad dumped him in a kids home. He meets a nice lady, but also gets mixed up with the wrong crowd too. 77%/100 B-

watched the newer Dredd on saturday. Very daft, cheesy and over the top violence, but mercifully was not overdone in terms of length so remained entertaining fare. I have no familiarity with the source material etc and never saw the stallone version one, but it struck as seemingly having the spirit of a dark, yet silly comic book ( graphic novel? ) . In 2D aswell, not 3d, though it seemed the "slomo"drug was tailored to add needless 3D moments I suspect. 

Prometheus. I enjoyed it as a standalone movie. I'm not a geek when it comes to Alien(s) so I wouldn't get any potential storyline conflicts etc. But Charlize, dayamn. "My quarters. Ten minutes".

• Like 1

Watched American Psycho.

Really enjoyed it, despite not really knowing if I understood it totally or not!

Did he actually commit the murders? I kind of assume he did given Dafoe's character being around. But the last scene with the lawyer kind of made me think he might have dreamt it all, or maybe he wasn't even Bateman at all.

Or that we were seeing him through his own eyes if you like. How he saw himself. Whereas everyone else thought he was a loser

Read the book... the film is PG compared to the 18 rating of the book 

Watched American Psycho.

In Australia it was sold shrink-wrapped.

Watched Marley on Saturday, which I've been meaning to for ages, but with it being the anniversary of his death I thought it a suitable occasion.  I already knew most of the stuff, but it was an interesting film with some good interviews.  Quite frank in places, which added a nice balance.

Watched American Psycho.

it's on the list

I'm a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan and The Informers is on Film 4 tonight - has anyone seen it and is it worth a late night?

I thought it was quite a compelling film. I didn't think the characters were as exaggerated as a few reviews stated, plus I didn't think it was as tasteless as some people seemed to either. It's probably a bit preachy and definitely cliché but that's not always a bad thing

:).

It's quite satirical, more of a character study than plot driven, a very serious film without comic relief. Billy Bob Thorton is very good in it I thought.

It's worth staying up for but you'll definitely see why it's on so late.

This lady is often nude in it as well if you're interested in that :D -

Amber-Heard-3.jpg

Saw that trailer last night.

What I took from it most was, how the fudge are they going to drag that out to 2 hours?

No idea. He's a good director though, and I reckon there is more to the film than the trailer suggests. Hopefully it goes all mind-bendy and 2001.

I basically thought "I'm not sure I SHOULD want to see this film... but I definitely do"

After seeing Olivia Colman win two Baftas, has anyone watched "Tyrannosaur"?  because I thought she was brilliant in that.             

Yeah that's a fantastic film. Very bleak,

I'm a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan and The Informers is on Film 4 tonight - has anyone seen it and is it worth a late night?

I thought it was quite a compelling film. I didn't think the characters were as exaggerated as a few reviews stated, plus I didn't think it was as tasteless as some people seemed to either. It's probably a bit preachy and definitely cliché but that's not always a bad thing

:).

It's quite satirical, more of a character study than plot driven, a very serious film without comic relief. Billy Bob Thorton is very good in it I thought.

It's worth staying up for but you'll definitely see why it's on so late.

This lady is often nude in it as well if you're interested in that :D -

Amber-Heard-3.jpg

Thank you. Not sure if you've read the book, but I've a fair idea why it's on so late. :)

Â