The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Have just acquired Miike's 'Audition'.  I hear I'm in for quite a ride.

It's like a Japanese version of Sleepless in Seattle...

...for a bit.

Get the popcorn in and settle down with the family to watch then?

Have just acquired Miike's 'Audition'.  I hear I'm in for quite a ride.

It's like a Japanese version of Sleepless in Seattle...

...for a bit.

Get the popcorn in and settle down with the family to watch then?

Well, my wife loves the Takashi Miike stuff but she has very similar taste to mine ;)

Had a bit of a Brad-Pitt-a-thon yesterday after I saw one of my favourite episode of Friends where he guest starred in it.

I ended up watching this since I had it on Sky Plus and never got around to watching it:

220px-Moneyball_Poster.jpg

I really enjoyed it, despite not being a baseball fan. It reminded me of Friday Night Lights, the film that is not the TV show, which ain't nothing but a good thing. Pitt was his usual fantastic self, but he's one of my favourite actors so I'm biased.

Then I dug out an old favourite since I hadn't watched it in years. I'll give you a hint:

tumblr_m5cutukQcj1rqjklgo1_400.jpg
I'm going to have to read the book at some stage, I've heard it's fantastic and that the ending is better than the film's.

Well there's a big debate whether he does actually throw it back or it wriggles free.

It's open for interpretation. 

Edited by 8pints

A good day to die hard 

10/10

Awesome movie bruce willis just never gets old i hope next time round they make "In space nobody can hear you Die Hard" with John McClane repelling an alien invasion single handed

• Like 1

I watched an old "classic" that I've never seen before. The Gods must be crazy. Lovely, sick, funny movie. :D The bad quality only adds to the charm. "Ajajajajaj". :)

220px-Stranger_Than_Fiction_%282006_movi

Fantastic little film. Great performances all round including Will Ferrell who, for a change, isn't playing Will Ferrell.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

220px-Stranger_Than_Fiction_%282006_movi

Fantastic little film. Great performances all round including Will Ferrell who, for a change, isn't playing Will Ferrell.

Yes, as far as his non 'daft comedy' roles go we was good in that and Everything Must Go

Love Stranger than Fiction. It makes me want to fondle Maggie Gyllenhall's cupcakes, maybe even her muffin too.

Have you seen Secretary?

Yeah but office work doesn't lend itself to bakery based innuendo :)

• Like 1

Love Stranger than Fiction. It makes me want to fondle Maggie Gyllenhall's cupcakes, maybe even her muffin too.

Have you seen Secretary?

True story - I was sitting in Starbucks having a coffee, when the (red-haired) waitress offered me a tray of free sample cakes with the immortal line: "Fancy a bit of ginger muffin?"

I'd like to punch her holes/empty my toner cartridge in her waste bin/wipe her whiteboard with my rubber.

You're just not trying hard enough, man.

• Like 1

Â