The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Lawrence has never looked so hot (imo)

Dark hair innit. Always better on a lady.

I don't agree, but it certainly works for her.

Never thought that much of her, but literally the first scene she's in in that film I atucally out loud said "wow"... and I was on my own.

Seeing as people were talking about it recently in this thread, does the Electric Cinema tend to get very busy?

I've never been but intend to go there to see A Place Beyond the Pines tomorrow night. Just pondering whether to get there half an hour early or not as I know it's not a very big place

Yeah I was considering that, but I quite want to do it on the cheap and get Orange Wednesday, which you can't book ahead on.

Did consider a sofa, but I'm desperately saving money at the moment so £25 to see a film doesn't really fit in with that!

I watched

215px-Bad_Lieutenant_.jpg

'sfilm about a pwoppa norty cawp in New Yoik who takes drugs and loses a big bet on a baseball game, and then gets shot

My favourite part of the movie was when he pulled the two girls over in a car and jacked off to them.

• Like 1

think it was a remake

Watched Argo, really enjoyable film even though I knew the ending it was still quite tense in buildup. Never been an Aflleck fan until maybe 4 or 5 years ago but really growing on me.

Alan Arkin and John Goodman brilliant as well

Herzog claims the Cage one isn't a remake and that he's never even seen Bad Lieutenant...

"No, it's not a remake," he told us quite adamantly. "You have to delete that from your memory, though we may not be able to delete it from public perception. It's like I keep saying, 'A James Bond film, the newest one, is not a remake of the previous one; it's a completely different story.' It only has a corrupt policeman as the central character and that's about it."

...which, as you can imagine, went down about as well with Abel Ferrara as repeatedly punching him in the face.  I think he said he wanted them all to die in an explosion, or something.

Yeah I was considering that, but I quite want to do it on the cheap and get Orange Wednesday, which you can't book ahead on.

Did consider a sofa, but I'm desperately saving money at the moment so £25 to see a film doesn't really fit in with that!

In that case I yam considerably richer than yow ;)

Can't think I've ever been in there when it wasn't full but I've only really been there at weekends so I'm probably not much help.

Little late to the Tom Cruise debate.  I'm another in the anti- camp.  I would avoid a film where he has a prominent role (and he tends to have prominent roles).  I liked him in Tropic Thunder because it was almost a self-deprecating role and kudos to him for doing it.  But he tends to over-act for me.  And as for Jerry Maguire.  For me that is the most over-rated film I can think of.  It's definitely the one film I couldn't share the love that everyone else seemed to have for it.  Top Gun, Mission Impossibles, no, not for me.  As for Collateral.  A decent film but I attribute that more to Jamie Foxx than to Cruise.  I'm just not a fan.  And I couldn't care less about his religion. It's as invalid as the rest of them.

Saw the "teaser" (although it's 2 minutes long) for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" last night.

Looks ok. The overwhelming feeling I got when reading the book was that it could (would?) make a very VERY cheesy film. If they manage to avoid it ending up like that I reckon it'll be a decent watch.

Does this mean all the greying, polo shirt & jeans wearing chimp walkers are gonna start banging on about them again like with that gig last year?

Some of us never stopped ;)

He he. My hatred of them stems from an obnoxious old work colleague. He was a word removed anyway but he never shut up about them. Then his 14 year old son came into work last year and wouldn't shut up about them either and how the reunion was the second coming. **** off. Urgghh.

Â