The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

8:30 showing?

We might have been sitting next to each other! (I was at the very back right of the "red" (i.e. the non sofa) seats)

yeah I was stunned, and gutted, when he died. Really took me by surprise, I just assumed he'd be in it the whole way through (or most of it at least) given that he was billed as the lead role. I was sat there thinking "Nah he won't be dead....oh... yeah he looks pretty dead!"

In reality, Cooper is really the lead in it

No was at the 6pm. You must have kissed someone else. Jealous :(

If you have not seen Beyond the Pines do no not click on those spoilers like I just did . They are pretty devestating spoilers. :(

haha, can't say you weren't warned that the spoiler would contain spoilers! :(

Yeah. Heed Brum's warning everyone, those are "proper" spoilers

PieFacE:

I might be reading too much into this, but what do you think it meant when they were so focused on AJ during his dad's victory speech thing at the end?

They have to basically force him out onto stage and they focus on his face and he sort of goes form looking pissed off and reluctant to genuine happiness and pride. Maybe him turning into his dad much like Jason was turning into his?

Or am I seeing something that isn't there?

You cheating bast**d!

Do my eyes deceive me, do I see a moderator skirting around the swear filter?!

Huh? Yeah I spend my day intentionally breaking the rules :) I've only just discovered this astoricks-thingie. Never used it before in my life, ever.

Just sat through the torturously slow and boring "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"....Gary Oldman is one of my favorite actors, and the film even managed to muffle his great acting ability. I can handle slow burners, but this one never even made the kettle warm.

• Like 1

Â