The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Yeah, I recommended I Saw the Devil a few times earlier in this thread, it really is a masterpiece.

If you enjoyed that Dave, I would definitely have a look at Cold Fish and Bedevilled (if you haven't already of course).

I've just noticed that the guy who directed "I Saw the Devil" (Jee-woon Kim) also directed "A Bittersweet Life" which I found to be a more engaging film.

Also fancy "The Good, The Bad and The Weird" and I noticed you mention "Audition" earlier in the thread. My IMDB Watchlist is now rammed with a bunch of Korean films that are either hard to find or almost impossible to illegally download! Whoops.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on twitchfilm.com if you're getting into the Korean movies.

It's also a great source for movies that are a little bit more 'off the beaten track'. Well worth a check on from time to time as i've unearthed some real gems after reading about them on there.

22857748_500x500_1.jpg

Russian WWII film covering the Eastern Front. It's quality but difficult to stomach.

Been meaning to watch this for some time.

It's definitely worth seeing. It's strange and messed up. Not like a conventional Hollywood take on war.

Watched the 3.10 to Yuma last night. Enjoyed it very much.
The remake, I take it?

Yep. not got round to seeing t'original.

Come And See is outstanding.

Haven't seen it in the best part of ten years, but there are bits of it seared into my brain more than films I've watched in the last week.

Not many war films that better it.

Just watched Burn after Reading for the first time. Loved it. Just wonderfully bizarre. Although I'm bias. I have a man-crush on JK Simmons voice so like anything he does however small his role :P

Come and See going on the lovefilm list now after those recommendations.

Â