The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I'm in the minority who doesn't actually think the Big Lebowski is that good.

I even watched it a second time to make sure.

Good, certainly. But I wasn't as in to it as everyone else seems to be

Yup this pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

It's odd, because I SHOULD love it.

I love a lot of Coen brothers stuff (but not all), love Jeff Bridges, love John Goodman, love Steve Buscemi.

All the ingredients are there for me, but it didn't hit the spot for some reason. Still a good film though.

It's probably my favourite film of all time, purely in terms of how many times I've re-watched it. I know it practically word for word.
Likewise.

Wierd thing about it is it's possible to watch the whole thing without laughing, and yet it is utterly, brilliantly funny almost the whole way through.

The merest of quotes can set me off laughing to myself.

For instance:

"Who the **** are the Knutsens?"

or

"Have you got any promising, you know, um, leads?"

I thought it was shit and didn't see the fuss

00MarkItZero.gif

Best use of a movie gif ever.

I thought it was fantastic. I watched it as part of a Coen "marathon" along with Fargo, the two of them are feats of directorial magic. Think I preferred Fargo of the two and it's probably the one I'm more likely to watch again though that's more down to me never watching a movie twice these days (Oldboy aside). There's just too much film out there.

The scene with the ashes is my favourite. Probably one of my favourite scenes of all time and not just for the punchline.

MV5BMTY1NjE1NTE0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYzNjUzNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Stars the bloke from this....

MV5BMTI3NTQyMzU5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM2MjgyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

(Min-sik Choi - Oldboy)

And the bloke from this....

MV5BMTUyNTczMzE1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY1NjYzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

(Byung-hun Lee - A Bittersweet Life)

All three of which are superb films in their own right. I Saw The Devil is not for the faint hearted. There's a couple of decapitations and a rape or three, a few close ups of broken bones and the odd spike through the mouth. Think Cronenberg on steroids.

Other than that it's also a interesting twist on the revenge movie genre. A real thinker and for me the violence is not out of place. It's well paced and the acting is blockbuster as you would expect.

Well recommended.

MV5BMTY1NjE1NTE0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYzNjUzNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

MV5BMTI3NTQyMzU5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM2MjgyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

(Min-sik Choi - Oldboy)

MV5BMTUyNTczMzE1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY1NjYzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

All three of which are superb films in their own right. I Saw The Devil is not for the faint hearted. There's a couple of decapitations and a rape or three, a few close ups of broken bones and the odd spike through the mouth. Think Cronenberg on steroids.

Other than that it's also a interesting twist on the revenge movie genre. A real thinker and for me the violence is not out of place. It's well paced and the acting is blockbuster as you would expect.

Well recommended.

All broken links here.

Saw project X last week.

I really enjoyed it, it was great fun. But it's not really a good film, if that makes sense.

It's just fun and made me want to have a huge house party and be about 10 years younger!

If you want to see a good film, then don't bother. But if you want to have a bit of a laugh and wish you were young(er) then go for it.

Oh and the soundtrack is awesome.

I watched Contagion last night, what a **** utterly pointless film that was.

I felt like I'd seen the plot of the film a hundred times and it offered nothing and I mean nothing original, utter rubbish. If you are thinking of watching this don't, save yourself the time and the money.

Agree 100 %, absolute waste of time.

Over the last 18 months my overall interest in films is slowly ebbing away.

I am now of the opinion that series are now better than one of films.

We all have our favourites, Dexter, Breaking bad, Criminal minds and so on. Any random episode of of these piss all over most films these days.

Would I give up watching Dexter for a free one year pass to a Cinema, would I F**k as much. No chance at all. I give it a chance and go to the cinema now and then but it's a poor relation to series now.

41pUDywaQnL.jpg

linnaryone-Oldboy-2.jpg

(Min-sik Choi - Oldboy)

a-bittersweet-life-dvd.jpg

Well recommended.

All broken links here.

I can see them all?

Still, retry just for you :winkold:

Â