The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw The Other Guys. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Quite enjoyed it. Massive Zoolander fan and also Anchorman. Pretty much everything Ferrell film since has been meh but everyone says Stepbrothers good so must check that out

I think stepbrothers is better then anchorman.

Saw The Other Guys. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Quite enjoyed it. Massive Zoolander fan and also Anchorman. Pretty much everything Ferrell film since has been meh but everyone says Stepbrothers good so must check that out

My personal opinion only but Ferrell's best film is Talledega Nights, obsolute classic, Anchorman and Blades of Glory in joint 2nd.

I love the guy, think he is so funny, though some of his films are just "too" stupid if thats possible.

Also loved him in the TV series east bound and down.

Went to see the Daniel Craig version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd rate it as one of the best films I've seen this year.

Great news. I'm dying to see it.

Read the books and saw the Swedish versions, and whilst they were good, I thought they could easily be improved upon.

Both Salander and Blomqvist weren't "right" in the Swedish version and I think Craig and this Salander (the actress' name escapes me) could be a better fit. Craig certainly.

That and Fincher's involvement give me high hopes for this. Can't wait.

Agreed. Step Brothers is hilarious. I remember the first time that I watched it, I couldn't stop laughing. I've seen it loads of times since and I still laugh. Step Brothers is by far my favourite Will Ferrell film.

Anyone else seen The Devil's Double??

Not a fan of Dominic Cooper but his portrayal of both Udey Saddam Hussein and his 'body double' was fantastic and particularly disturbing!

Worth a punt if there's nothing on the box!

Agreed. Step Brothers is hilarious. I remember the first time that I watched it, I couldn't stop laughing. I've seen it loads of times since and I still laugh. Step Brothers is by far my favourite Will Ferrell film.

The best Ferrell film by a distance is Elf.

I've barely seen anything else he has done that has raised so much as a smile.

Kill-List-Poster-610x462.jpg

Awesome.

x2.

So much to love about it, from the fantastic story ambiguity throughout to the great performances (who would have thought Neil Maskell could show this sort of depth?). I was also particularly impressed by the taut, claustrophobic direction with it's choppy, unconventional camerawork.

Whatever you do, DON'T read anything about it, just watch it. It's one of those rare modern movies that doesn't signpost every single aspect of the story and leaves you to make up your own mind.

Recommended.

I watched this last night. Really not sure what to make of it. I really just don't know if I thought it was really good or just plain terrible. I usually like "weird" films but the ending to this kinda felt like the rest of the film was a waste of time. But then, it could be because i've missed something and just don't "get it".

due to my work pattern, i dont watch many films, havnt been to the cinema for years

but last night, i finally got round to watching the inbetweeners movie and the damned united, both been out ages i know

both great films

indiana jones on BBC i swear it gets worse every time i watch it

240px-Problem.png

as for a thriller try the town, mystic river, american gangster, brooklyns finest, we own the night, street kings but like coda said infernal affairs, IMO better than the departed

Looking for a thriller type film to watch, something a little mad and crazy. Also something similar to The Departed

Any suggestions?

Infernal Affairs :)

I may be the only one, but I actually think Infernal Affairs 2 and 3 were better.

I like Ferrell. Anchorman is probably my favourite ever comedy, and I love Stepbrothers too.

But that being said, Talladega Nights was **** awful.

I did say it was my personal opinion mate! everyone has different tastes. I personally think Talladega Nights is one of his best!

Sorry you don't feel the same but no need to go off on one about it!

For what its worth, I thought step-brothers was shite. But hey-ho, thats MY opinion!

I like Ferrell. Anchorman is probably my favourite ever comedy, and I love Stepbrothers too.

But that being said, Talladega Nights was **** awful.

I did say it was my personal opinion mate! everyone has different tastes. I personally think Talladega Nights is one of his best!

Sorry you don't feel the same but no need to go off on one about it!

For what its worth, I thought step-brothers was shite. But hey-ho, thats MY opinion!

Who's going "off on one"?

I just said it was **** awful.

Â