The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Oh yes, 'Brick' is indeed a good little film.

I went to see 'Hugo' this afternoon and really enjoyed it. You can tell that a love of film runs through Scorsese's bones. The film was basically a love story to film as an art form. I think most of it will be lost on small children, yet hopefully they will appreciate it in some form. It was pure escapism and I really liked it. Those saying that Scorsese has sold out by making this film need to give it a watch.

Although not an animation, I personally preferred 'Hugo' to 'Tintin'.

Never got the hype surrounding Silent Running.

I'm intrigued by it. I've heard it described as a cross between Wall E and Moon. It clearly splits opinion, I have to see it at some point.

Though I'm sure I'm going to love Snowtown. All I know about it really is Kermode's review and the audio clip on his and Mayo's show which chilled me to the bone.

Just got back from The Thing. Absolutely brilliant, loved it loved it loved it. Prequel absolutely does Carpenter's version justice.

What??

really?!!

my sarcasm detector isn't working

As i saw it and thought it was a meh / waste of time / pretty crap.

"Prequel "/ schmequel .

Its a remake with forgetable cast , some ropey CGI in parts , uninspired predictable run of the mill crap tbh.

Though I'm sure I'm going to love Snowtown. All I know about it really is Kermode's review and the audio clip on his and Mayo's show which chilled me to the bone.

It's superb Dave and as I said a few pages earlier once I'd seen it I did a bit of research on the true events, and it's deeply chilling stuff. It's also a movie that stayed with me a few days after viewing, which is usually a positive.

Daniel Henshall's performance in particular is engrossing.

Can a film with Bill Muray ever fail?

"So do you have any regrets?"

"Garfield, maybe."

Never seen that one. But I remember now that I never really got Lost in translation. Thought it was quite boring. But I doubt it was a failure.

Watches The Lost Boys last night for the first time. Epic, Puts Twilight to shame.

A random episode of Crossroads with Benny having a few comedy problems fixing a boiler would put all the Twilight's to shame. Kermode was banging on about it the other day. He might as well have soiled himself live on BBC breakfast, never heard anything so embarrassing. I was so embarrassed for Mayo having this broadcast with his name attached to it.

Need to break a terrorist...make em watch the 2nd one a few times.

Easily some of the worst films ever made.

To be fair the first 'Twilight' film was watchable to a degree. Not the worst film ever...

There were some good shots in it and it just had a good look to it.

The source material is absolute shite though to be fair. Plus the rest of them have certainly been amongst the worst films made.

It's superb Dave and as I said a few pages earlier once I'd seen it I did a bit of research on the true events, and it's deeply chilling stuff. It's also a movie that stayed with me a few days after viewing, which is usually a positive.

Daniel Henshall's performance in particular is engrossing.

And you would be right.

Excellent film, claustrophobic in the extreme. I was both glad it was over and disappointed there wasn't more to see. It's a film that invades you and I found it very difficult to not feel some kind of empathy towards the young male lead which is of course intentional. A great study of the deepest darkest side of human behavior.

Riveting - 8/10

I finally watched Captain America the other night.

Really enjoyed it. It's silly and all that but it's so enjoyable, even if it takes forever and a day to get to what we've all turned up for even all the build up is worthwhile. Surprisingly funny in parts too. Had me smiling all the way through.

I picked up the steelbook bluray too, which is a bloody gorgeous looking thing.

I love all M.Night Shyamalan's films, like The Village, Signs and The Happening. Even though they got slated I really enjoyed them, but I'm watching Lady in the Water at the moment and it is the biggest pile of poop I have ever seen

Â