The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

This probably deserves its own thread but Netflix is now available here in the UK. They're doing a one month free trial and then it is £5.99 per month.

Limited selection at the moment, yet they are trying to tie up more deals to allow other films/tv shows etc. I'm impressed with it thus far and have had it running on my PC, 360, PS3 and Android. It runs on all of them very well and I'm so happy that we finally have it over here.

I just hope it grows, as I will be cancelling LoveFilm if it improves.

Netflix is decent, had it for coming up to a couple of years since being out here. The only thing you really need to watch out for is content expiring - certain movies and shows are only available for a certain amount of time, so don't be surprised if something suddenly becomes unavailable.

This site lets you know what's expring and when for US Netflix - keep an eye on it and see if they extend it for Europe.

I love Step Brothers, it is laddish nonsense, but boats and hos always makes me laugh! Can we build bunkbeds?.... Why did you let us build bunkbeds!?!?

I watched Blues Brothers and Terminator 2 the other day, both classics.

I really hope I agree with you!

As I've said before, loved the books, and thought the Swedish film was good, but could easily have been improved upon by making it better paced, darker and improving on Salander.

I'm hoping Fincher has made that happen

So did the Swedish one, but it felt really rushed to me. Felt like they were really struggling to get all the details in so they were just shoving the plot down your throat.

Fast paced is good, but it needed to be more concise, if that makes sense.

Watched Paul last night. Thought it was a pretty decent watch for what it is. Seth Rogen wasn't as annoying as he usually is & neither was Jason Bateman. All in all, a decent chuckle.

I'll agree on that Bri. Many people say to me "its no Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz" its not meant to be, its like a fun side project rammed full of sci fi references. I like it. Enjoyable watch.

I look forward to them attempting to make the third book into a decent film.

Should I be inferring that you don't rate the third book?

I think I actually liked it more than the first book, although it is a very different kind of story.

Â