The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I finally watched Captain America the other night.

Really enjoyed it. It's silly and all that but it's so enjoyable, even if it takes forever and a day to get to what we've all turned up for even all the build up is worthwhile. Surprisingly funny in parts too. Had me smiling all the way through.

I picked up the steelbook bluray too, which is a bloody gorgeous looking thing.

I'm not really into the whole super hero type films, but can usually enjoy them to a degree. ... but I have to say I thought captain america was just an embarrassment to films.

Finally watched the inbetweeners film... was funny in a really stupid way! Everything I expected it to be!

Also watched Fright Night, thought it was quite funny! Was expecting it to be serious so was pleasantly surprised to be laughing at it.

fdVtr.jpg

Absolutely craptastic!!

:shock: Nicolas Cage in this film. I didn't realise all his other seemingly ludicrous over the top performances were actually nuanced and subdued. Then he when he finally gets bumped off halfway through Charlie Sheen shows up as a pool shark in a smoking jacket with an assistant who I'm pretty sure he called "Sausage". Amazing for all the right and wrong reasons.

A Little Taster, HIII-****-YAAAAHH!!

I'm not really into the whole super hero type films, but can usually enjoy them to a degree. ... but I have to say I thought captain america was just an embarrassment to films.

Really? I like superhero films (though I also believe that many disappoint almost unerringly in some way), but even taking that into account I can't see what would make it an embarassment to film. It's silly as hell but it's basically a 'boys own' adventure put on screen, and accepting that it was always going to be a silly romp (which it pretty much had to be) I struggled to really find too many flaws with it.

Just watched this:

51R36DC4TVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One for the "film as art" rather than "film as entertainment" crew (or maybe just for pretentious buggers). Show a bunch of kids in a remote, war-torn Iraqi village a few classic kids films then give them some cameras to see what they come up with. Really interesting watch.

Â