The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I got a little confused watching it. Expected more as I like the director and the cast was superb. Could do with watching the director's commentary for clarification.

Watched Das Boot as well. Brilliant, tense film.

Finally watched Tinker Tailor. What the hell was that all about.

It's not about spying.

The Kermodian answer ;)

I think thats half right. The film is inescapably about spying, the plot revolves around spying and subterfuge and the like, but the film is more interested in the relationship between these men, that none of them live in a world where they can trust one another or be unguarded - something that makes Cumberbatch's character probably the most obvious nod to that theme.

Finally watched Tinker Tailor. What the hell was that all about.

It's not about spying.

ssh there kermode. ;)

its a spy film, yes it is! I enjoyed the mood piece part of it very well, but without any sense of thrill whatsoever, it was only half as good as could have been.

but more than that, I think its biggest failing was if it was all about the paranoia there still needed to be more on the other characters, including the ultimate cuprit.

Saw Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on Saturday.

I really enjoyed it. Thought it was well cast and Christopher Plummer was excellent.

TIP: Graphic in some parts eg rape scenes and revenge. Can be a little uncomfortablke when on a date lol

Watched it last Thursday and was seated beside a man and two women who was about 65-70 and I felt a bit uncomfortable. :-P

Thought it was good. Saw it with my woman who'd just read the book for her 2nd time and she said that this one followed the book a lot more than the swedish version. I thought both versions were on a par, but I have to say that I think that Taube made a better Henrik Vanger than this one. Craig and Skarsgård though were better than Nyquist and Haber.

This probably deserves its own thread but Netflix is now available here in the UK. They're doing a one month free trial and then it is £5.99 per month.

Limited selection at the moment, yet they are trying to tie up more deals to allow other films/tv shows etc. I'm impressed with it thus far and have had it running on my PC, 360, PS3 and Android. It runs on all of them very well and I'm so happy that we finally have it over here.

I just hope it grows, as I will be cancelling LoveFilm if it improves.

Â