The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

did anyone else at the end of king of kong find themselves saying out loud "yes **** you billy you word removed" enjoyed it far more than i thought i would

checked on wiki to see how it was edited and other than a few minor things its not bad, by the directors account billy is actually more of a rocket polisher than he managed to come across as

did anyone else at the end of king of kong find themselves saying out loud "yes **** you billy you word removed" enjoyed it far more than i thought i would

checked on wiki to see how it was edited and other than a few minor things its not bad, by the directors account billy is actually more of a rocket polisher than he managed to come across as

I'm not 100% sure about that. If you check out the Twin Galaxies website they are crying foul (or rather, they did when the film came out). They're claiming it was a complete fit-up job and large chunks of it were totally misrepresenting what actually happened.

Having said that, I don't think anyone is claiming that Billy was anything other than a complete bell-end though :thumb:

I love King of Kong. great film.

There does seem to be some evidence that it's edited...creatively let's say. but I think it's just to exagerrate certain points rather than to fabricate them.

Either way, interesting film.

Anyone seen "The Artist" yet? Looks like my sort of thing.

i cant think of anything that is less my sort of thing!

its released at brum cineworld this weekend, getting brilliant reviews no doubt i'll bite the bullet and watch it when it gets nominated for best film at the oscars (i try and watch every film nominated)

Anyone seen "The Artist" yet? Looks like my sort of thing.

I saw 'The Artist' last Friday and really enjoyed it. It's an extremely well executed film that looks back on silent cinema.

How times have changed, yet old silent films never seem to lose their magic. Another great exploration of cinema, not long after the equally good 'Hugo'.

I would certainly recommend 'The Artist' if you are a film lover. The dog is great in it too and I can see why the press are going crazy over him.

Up next for me will be 'War Horse' on Friday.

reckon i'll see Shame this weekend.

i'm all for long, lingering shots of miserable post-coitus faces.

Off to see that next week. Directed by Steve McQueen who directed the excellent Hunger (again with Fassbender)

Â