The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

watched Submarine last night...

heard good things about it but simply found it rather boring and not funny in the slightest

oh well

A friend of mine said somethign similar.

I haven't seen it, and she hated it so much she's just giving me her copy

Got Insidious last night. Will watch it tomorrow. Anyone seen it? Guess it's just another modern horror movie like Unborn and Uninvited, which were decent but nothing special. And if someone says they're shite I won't say they're wrong, just that I can enjoy those kind of films too.

Saw Tintin a week ago. Thought it was entertaining. Though, for some reason I was very tired and found it very hard to stay awake. Not at all because of the film itself.

Got Insidious last night. Will watch it tomorrow. Anyone seen it? Guess it's just another modern horror movie like Unborn and Uninvited, which were decent but nothing special. And if someone says they're shite I won't say they're wrong, just that I can enjoy those kind of films too.

Average at best. Starts off ok and has some jumpy bits, but the ending just leaves you thinking...WTF was all that about!

Average at best. Starts off ok and has some jumpy bits, but the ending just leaves you thinking...WTF was all that about!

Hm, like the average modern horror films, then. Sounds a bit like Silent House. Thought it was good and a bit creepy untill the end came. It ruined the whole film. Will still watch it, but thanks for the answer. :) Now I know what to expect.

It makes no sense whatsoever, won't spoil it but afterwards you'll see that nothing that happens would be the path you followed should the storyline play out in front of you.

Thanks to anyone who mentioned Reign Over Me, watched it over the weekend thanks mainly to this thread and really enjoyed it. :thumb:

Think its pretty much the only decent sandler film. Shamw he doesn't play more roles like it. ...

insidious was alright as far as new horror films go

as everyone else has said the first half is really good, they kind of get the feeling of poltergeist/the entity and it goes really well, then the second half comes in and it becomes a mess of a film

spoiler alert

I would just love to know who's bright idea it was to make darth maul the main character,

could have been decent if they didnt spin off in a nightmare on else street direction

I loved how he was portrayed. Beautifully designed. Awesome film. One of the best horrors I've seen in a good while. I think you're just hard to please leemond. I think the 80's horror era was for you.

Didn't mean that as harsh as it sounded by the way! I only say it because me and somebody at work were talking about horror movies of today in comparison to 20 years ago. You'd think with all the new CGI and latest technology any movie would blow films of 10, 20, 30 years ago away but they don't (in some people's opinions anyway). Especially with re-makes! Like we were discussing the other day you personally prefer the I spit on your grave original to the remake. Just out of interest, why?

Thanks to anyone who mentioned Reign Over Me, watched it over the weekend thanks mainly to this thread and really enjoyed it. :thumb:

Great movie and one of only two Sandler movies I can stomach (Punch drunk Love being the other).

Of course the frustrating thing is the fact that the bloke can act, but I suppose the draw of an easy few million dollars for a shite comedy is always going to win out over artistic integrity.

I loved how he was portrayed. Beautifully designed. Awesome film. One of the best horrors I've seen in a good while. I think you're just hard to please leemond. I think the 80's horror era was for you.

Didn't mean that as harsh as it sounded by the way! I only say it because me and somebody at work were talking about horror movies of today in comparison to 20 years ago. You'd think with all the new CGI and latest technology any movie would blow films of 10, 20, 30 years ago away but they don't (in some people's opinions anyway). Especially with re-makes! Like we were discussing the other day you personally prefer the I spit on your grave original to the remake. Just out of interest, why?

I did say that I thought it was decent as far as recent horrors go, it just felt as though they didnt know where to take it and they pasted two completely different films onto the ends of each other and the second half completely lost the mood and feeling of the first.

as for ISOYG I prefered the originaly because there was more athmosphere in it, the lead character didn't need to rely on the witty little one liners when extracting her revenge and the remake was a lot less beleiveable in the respect that the lead character all of a sudden becomes an expert in booby traps and torture, in the original a bath and a meat cleaver are more than enough lol

I appreciate all horrors regardless of when they were made right up to the scream films and the unborn etc etc... that said the old ones are still the best lol

Watched 50/50 last night, brilliant film, one of the best I've seen this year easily. Gordon Levitt is brilliant, Anna Kendrick was really good and a proper hottie aswell, Seth Rogen will be like marmite, personally I like him and enjoyed what he brought to the movie although some people will question why he is even in the film.

Like how the film presents a different side to dealing with cancer which surprised and shocked me at the same time.

Also just found out the director made the wackness which is another little gem of a film.

9/10 for me.

Yeah I watched 50/50 last night too and thought it was awesome. Quite funny, sad and moving. Which is rare for a film IMO.

Whole mixture of emotions, excellent acting, excellent directing, excellent film.

I'm a big fan of Seth Rogen (apart from that shite super hero bollocky film he did) so him being in it was a bonus.

8.5/10 for me.

Â