The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I gave 'Arthur Christmas' a go today and I enjoyed it. Nice little bit of festive fun and worth watching if you like animated films.

I'm actually quite looking forward to 'Hugo' aswell, whilst on the theme of films aimed at children.

I'll be seeing 'Moneyball', '50/50' and 'My Week With Marilyn' over the next week so I shall be back to give my views on them too.

Watched 50/50 last night, brilliant film, one of the best I've seen this year easily. Gordon Levitt is brilliant, Anna Kendrick was really good and a proper hottie aswell, Seth Rogen will be like marmite, personally I like him and enjoyed what he brought to the movie although some people will question why he is even in the film.

Like how the film presents a different side to dealing with cancer which surprised and shocked me at the same time.

Also just found out the director made the wackness which is another little gem of a film.

9/10 for me.

glad you thought was good, got that to watch later :)

50/50, there's a good piece in Total Film about it. Based on real life events, scriptwriter was the one struck with cancer and Seth Rogan was the/a best friend in the real case scenario too. It was Rogan who encouraged him to make the film. Looking forward to seeing it myself.

audition-cover-2.jpg

DO NOT WATCH THIS FILM :shock:

**** too right. :puke:

Don't be **** daft. :rant: :wink:

Actually talking of Takashi Miike movies, after seeing 13 Assassins at the cinema I purchased it on Bluray the other day, and I have to say, even though I loved it the first time around, it improves on repeat viewings.

If anyone has any remote interest in movies like Kurosawa's Seven Samurai/Sanhuro/Yojimbo etc then I urge you to watch it.

It's a masterpiece in my opinion.

You sicko. :)

I watched it in a Film Studies class about, shit must have been nearly a decade ago now. But then our tutor was this weird dude who also made us watch a sex documentary where this guy got tossed off by a dominatrix with a cheese-grater. :puke:

I think (and hope) he was referring to '13 Assassins' as being the masterpiece.

I was referring to 13 Assassins as a masterpiece, but I absolutely love Audition too.

I lent it to a mate once and told him and his wife to watch it under the pretense that it was a foreign version of Harry met Sally. :thumb:

Highlander_2_poster.jpg

Possibly the worst sequel to a movie i have ever seen they should have stopped after highlander THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Where should i start, this has so many plot holes its untrue they do not continue the story from highlander and how the hell ramirez is alive i will never know considering he got his head chopped off in the first they didnt explain how he suddenly arrives perfectly healthy head intact... horrific special effects by nineties standards and terrible fight choreography

Ill give it a 2 out of 10 just for michael ironside who plays a great villain as usual

Ended up doing a double header today at the cinema. Went to see '50/50' and 'Moneyball'.

I enjoyed '50/50' to a degree, yet I had hoped for more. It wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be. However, it was a good heart warming film and the parts that were funny really hit the spot. I preferred 'Win Win' to this though, which is still one of my favourite films of the year.

I personally liked 'Moneyball' more than '50/50'. It was nice to get a behind the scenes view of how a baseball team is run. Basicallty it was a good thinking mans sport film. Parts of it did drag a little if I'm honest, yet it was very interesting.

Both are certainly worth a watch.

Â