The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Benedetta, not sure what think. It's certainly a Paul Verhoeven movie that's for sure. 

While not terrible I can't help feel it was mostly an excuse for slightly pervy 80+ Verhoeven to show some woman on woman action and some boobs while also getting some jabs in at religion. Not that I mind any of those things.

Benedetta - biopremiär 3 december — NonStop Entertainment

Edited by sne

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Watched Benedetta, not sure what think. It's certainly a Paul Verhoeven movie that's for sure. 

While not terrible I can't help feel it was mostly an excuse for slightly pervy 80+ Verhoeven to show some woman on woman action and some boobs while also getting some jabs in at religion. Not that I mind any of those things.

Benedetta - biopremiär 3 december — NonStop Entertainment

Well you’ve certainly sold it to me!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, useless said:

Eyes Wide Shut - I had seen this previously and remember particularly liking the way it looked with all the lights but on second viewing I noticed a lot of things that I hadn't previously noticed and liked it much better this time around.

I couldn't agree more. The first time I saw Eyes Wide Shut I remember thinking it looked nice enough, but I wasn't really taken with it. I've seen it a couple more times since and it's a grower, there are new things I notice each time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Look no further for the next James Bond

"I'm fackin double oh seven you cannnntttt"

Truthfully, its a decent film. On Netflix. @Follyfoot

joT1Ubf.jpg

👍Funny enough just noticed this today. Will be watching it tomorrow when I get back from the game , cannot wait

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

👍Funny enough just noticed this today. Will be watching it tomorrow when I get back from the game , cannot wait

Watched it tonight.

It's not too bad actually. For a 'geezer' type movie it had a decent amount of emotion and Fairbrass managed to give the main protagonist a basic level of sympathy often missing in this type of film.

Thought it lost its way the last 20 mins or so but yeah, watchable enough.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Watched it tonight.

It's not too bad actually. For a 'geezer' type movie it had a decent amount of emotion and Fairbrass managed to give the main protagonist a basic level of sympathy often missing in this type of film.

Thought it lost its way the last 20 mins or so but yeah, watchable enough.

This has kind of put me off it a little bit, but I’ll still give it a go

• Haha 3

It's annoying me how quickly some films drop out of the cinema these days.

You can still go and see **** James Bond every day this week at Cineworld, but "King Richard" and "Pirates" were only out for 2 weeks and 1 week respectively. And the second week of "King Richard" they were only showing it at midday

• Like 4

yeah that midday or 9.45pm sunday night showing slot really do my head in. Its so annoying. 

Saw House of Gucci ( 10.50 Sat am! ) at the weekend. Largely enjoyed it - didn't know any of the real life details or events that happen so I was certainly surprised I'll say that. It is never boring, Driver and Lady Gaga are always compelling screen presences, but at well over 2 and half hours you do start noticing the length by the end

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's annoying me how quickly some films drop out of the cinema these days.

You can still go and see **** James Bond every day this week at Cineworld, but "King Richard" and "Pirates" were only out for 2 weeks and 1 week respectively. And the second week of "King Richard" they were only showing it at midday

its how its always been, when i had my cineworld card i was doing stuff like 10am sunday morning showings of asian films or even a place beyond the pines and only god forgives, 1 special showing a week

then they get a bit of traction in award season and come back, im sure i watched crash at like 2pm on a tuesday afternoon in its opening week because thats the only showing per day they did, then it won the oscar and came back 

Watched two very iconic and influential films (both on DVD) on Saturday at my sisters. The Matrix and Airplane!... as she had never seen The Matrix before. Couple of effects from Matrix don't hold up but it's a 22 year old film and it's still excellent. Airplane! is laugh a minute stuff. I could spend an hour talking about tiny details that make me laugh like when Robert Stack steps out of the mirror in that brilliant shot, or the fact that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is somehow in his basketball gear after he's taken ill and the three pilots/navigators get dragged backwards to the back of the airplane without any of the passengers noticing. I've watched it a hundred times and I'll watch it 100 more 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the understudy reminded me, the 2nd trailer for the new matrix film which came out yesterday looks good

I want to watch but feel like it will give things away i would rather see in the film for the first time.

Edited by AVFCDAN

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

I want to watch but feel like it will give things away i would rather see in the film for the first time.

i know what you mean, it does show a lot but with the matrix its hard to know if its at the start, the end, premonitions etc its also a bit thick and fast so i think come the time i watch the film i'll have forgotten most of the trailer

im not watching the easter egg breakdowns that are out there, that is too much

Â