The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

20201022_205157.jpg

So confused. Face of young Nate, attire of old. Huuuuuh. 

My first thought when seeing this picture was Sully screaming "Nate?! NAAATTTE!!". I heard that a lot playing these games on Crushing. 

• Like 2

The director did zombieland which was great but also venom which was garbage, Holland is good Wahlberg could be good, Antonio banderas as the baddie (I think) could be good

Also think that if they nail the Indiana vibes it could be a really good film, it'll have a comedy undertone I think with Holland who with his age could make this a 10 year franchise

So much potential... It'll be garbage 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I liked the new Borat but didn't love it like the 1st. There were a few parts that had me howling tbh 

The debutant ball was just mind blowingly funny. The film wasn't as revolutionary as the 1st and of course "Who is America" is a similar vibe.

But the actual 'story' is pretty funny (how they wrap it all up at the end) and of course outing Giulliani as the absolute creep that we all know he is is fantastic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I liked the new Borat but didn't love it like the 1st. There were a few parts that had me howling tbh 

Maria Bakalova who plays the daughter would be welcome to have my last rolo.

Incidentally her dialogue in the film is Bulgarian whilst Baren Cohen responds entirely in Hebrew.

resize.jpeg

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Maria Bakalova who plays the daughter would be welcome to have my last rolo.

Incidentally her dialogue in the film is Bulgarian whilst Baren Cohen responds entirely in Hebrew.

resize.jpeg

Oh yeh she is dam fine! 

18 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Gave the new Borat film a go... 

Turned it off less than 15 minutes into it and wish we never bothered. 

Have you watched anything else Baron Cohen has done ever?  What were you expecting? 

• Like 1

Just watched "The Duellists" (1977) for the first time in at least 25 years.

Still a good movie with a host of top actors, also helped that I'd forgot the ending.

• Like 2

I thought Borat 2 was quality, with plenty of laugh out loud moments and clever touches. 

It doesn’t have the shock value of the first and there are only so many times you can go ‘wow, some of these Americans really are bat-s**t crazy’, but it’s still well worth a watch and Maria Bakalova is superb in it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I thought Borat 2 was quality, with plenty of laugh out loud moments and clever touches. 

It doesn’t have the shock value of the first and there are only so many times you can go ‘wow, some of these Americans really are bat-s**t crazy’, but it’s still well worth a watch and Maria Bakalova is superb in it. 

Watched it earlier, completely agree with all of the above especially the above mentioned lady, bloody marvellous 😉

7.nein/10

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Have you watched anything else Baron Cohen has done ever?  What were you expecting? 

Watched practically everything he's done and loved the first one so had high hopes but this just felt forced, staged and that he was trying too hard. 

Watched trial of the Chicago 7 with Cohen excellent in a more serious role, its a good film and worth a watch, I like the way they used real footage where possible, got a great cast, it's all a bit daft and ridiculous how it came to that

Another film that makes a mockery of American justice 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watched trial of the Chicago 7 with Cohen excellent in a more serious role, its a good film and worth a watch, I like the way they used real footage where possible, got a great cast, it's all a bit daft and ridiculous how it came to that

Another film that makes a mockery of American justice 

Just watched that myself, very good watch. That judge what an A hole 

Â