Jump to content

The Film Thread


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

20201022_205157.jpg

My lad was very pleased with this! Hopefully it goes against the grain and they manage to make a decent film from a video game idea. 
 

the odds are stacked against it though sadly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

20201022_205157.jpg

So confused. Face of young Nate, attire of old. Huuuuuh. 

My first thought when seeing this picture was Sully screaming "Nate?! NAAATTTE!!". I heard that a lot playing these games on Crushing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The director did zombieland which was great but also venom which was garbage, Holland is good Wahlberg could be good, Antonio banderas as the baddie (I think) could be good

Also think that if they nail the Indiana vibes it could be a really good film, it'll have a comedy undertone I think with Holland who with his age could make this a 10 year franchise

So much potential... It'll be garbage 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I liked the new Borat but didn't love it like the 1st. There were a few parts that had me howling tbh 

The debutant ball was just mind blowingly funny. The film wasn't as revolutionary as the 1st and of course "Who is America" is a similar vibe.

But the actual 'story' is pretty funny (how they wrap it all up at the end) and of course outing Giulliani as the absolute creep that we all know he is is fantastic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I liked the new Borat but didn't love it like the 1st. There were a few parts that had me howling tbh 

Maria Bakalova who plays the daughter would be welcome to have my last rolo.

Incidentally her dialogue in the film is Bulgarian whilst Baren Cohen responds entirely in Hebrew.

 

resize.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Maria Bakalova who plays the daughter would be welcome to have my last rolo.

Incidentally her dialogue in the film is Bulgarian whilst Baren Cohen responds entirely in Hebrew.

 

resize.jpeg

Oh yeh she is dam fine! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Gave the new Borat film a go... 

 

Turned it off less than 15 minutes into it and wish we never bothered. 

Have you watched anything else Baron Cohen has done ever?  What were you expecting? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched "The Duellists" (1977) for the first time in at least 25 years.

Still a good movie with a host of top actors, also helped that I'd forgot the ending.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Borat 2 was quality, with plenty of laugh out loud moments and clever touches. 
 

It doesn’t have the shock value of the first and there are only so many times you can go ‘wow, some of these Americans really are bat-s**t crazy’, but it’s still well worth a watch and Maria Bakalova is superb in it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I thought Borat 2 was quality, with plenty of laugh out loud moments and clever touches. 
 

It doesn’t have the shock value of the first and there are only so many times you can go ‘wow, some of these Americans really are bat-s**t crazy’, but it’s still well worth a watch and Maria Bakalova is superb in it. 

Watched it earlier, completely agree with all of the above especially the above mentioned lady, bloody marvellous 😉

7.nein/10

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Have you watched anything else Baron Cohen has done ever?  What were you expecting? 

Watched practically everything he's done and loved the first one so had high hopes but this just felt forced, staged and that he was trying too hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched trial of the Chicago 7 with Cohen excellent in a more serious role, its a good film and worth a watch, I like the way they used real footage where possible, got a great cast, it's all a bit daft and ridiculous how it came to that

Another film that makes a mockery of American justice 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watched trial of the Chicago 7 with Cohen excellent in a more serious role, its a good film and worth a watch, I like the way they used real footage where possible, got a great cast, it's all a bit daft and ridiculous how it came to that

Another film that makes a mockery of American justice 

Just watched that myself, very good watch. That judge what an A hole 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just watched that myself, very good watch. That judge what an A hole 

Will do more tomorrow but had a quick read up on some of it and it sounds like they left some of the worse stuff out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the big studios will have some major movies sitting on the shelf waiting for covid to ease before releasing. I hope/wonder if they will bottle it and try recoup costs by selling the movies to the streaming giants.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â