The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Didn't he play for Villa for a season?

On my copy of FIFA I can't put him up for trade immediately as he is recently signed. Micah Richards is also our best player.

For someone who plays a few hours per month, try not getting relegated on World Class with that team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Wow, nice. I was just coming in here to ask what I should watch between 1917 and Ford vs Ferrari. 

Ah well, the answer is both, Ford vs Ferrari has a villa connection soooo, it's a toughie though both good, 1917 is the better of the two

Having a crappy movie circle with a buddy of mine with a "Dark Fantasy"-ish theme. 

So far we've gone through these gems :D who were all made almost within a year from each other

• Season of the Witch  - 
  • Solomon Kane
  • Black Death
  • Brotherhood of the Wolf

I actually sorta enjoy this type of movies. (for what they are) Nice way to waste an hour and a half or to fall asleep to. And some surprisingly solid actors in them.

Will have to lower the bar a bit now thou as the next ones coming up is 

• Outlander
  • The 13th Warrior :D 

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Having a crappy movie circle with a buddy of mine with a "Dark Fantasy"-ish theme. 

So far we've gone through these gems :D who were all made almost within a year from each other

• Season of the Witch  - 
  • Solomon Kane
  • Black Death

I actually sorta enjoy this type of movies. (for what they are) Nice way to waste an hour and a half or to fall asleep to. And some surprisingly solid actors in them.

• Outlander

You need to add the Rutger Hauer fuelled Flesh and Blood to that list (an 80s classic!) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

You need to add the Rutger Hauer fuelled Flesh and Blood to that list (an 80s classic!) 

We're keeping it from around 2010 so non of the 80's classics.

Brotherhood of the Wolf and The 13th Warrior shouldn't really be there either but snuck in since we've not seen either in a while.

Edit: There should ideally be at least a hint of horror movie in them, if ever so slight.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sne said:

• Season of the Witch  - 
  • Solomon Kane
  • Black Death

• Outlander

Interesting theme, 2010s you say? JOHN CARTER.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, hogso said:

Interesting theme, 2010s you say? JOHN CARTER.

Might do another one with the likes of John Carter, Valerian and the City of Thousand Planets, The Fifth Element (love than one) and stuff like that :D 

The previous one we did was action movies we watched while at Uni (late 90's) so: Dobermann, Boondock Saints, Taxi, Pusher and a few more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

• Season of the Witch  - 
  • Solomon Kane
  • Black Death

• Outlander

Throw in beowulf so you can laugh at Ray Winston going full cockerknee "ill kill your monshta" 

Also add in sleepy hollow, from hell and top it off with 1994s frankenstein 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Throw in beowulf so you can laugh at Ray Winston going full cockerknee "ill kill your monshta" 

Also add in sleepy hollow, from hell and top it off with 1994s frankenstein 

We watched Beowulf in the cinema and didn't know it was supposed to be all CGI so after a while we started looking nervously at each other and then started laughing out loud. 

I still answer the phone with a high pitch "GRENDEL!" when my buddy calls :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Might do another one with the likes of John Carter, Valerian and the City of Thousand Planets, The Fifth Element (love than one) and stuff like that :D 

The previous one we did was action movies we watched while at Uni (late 90's) so: Dobermann, Boondock Saints, Taxi, Pusher and a few more.

My fave film, ever. I've watched it untold times.

I even liked the sequel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villakram said:

The Adventures of Tintin (2011): A joy, if you liked the comics in any way... this is great.

I was an Asterix kid. Still waiting on a decent Asterix movie.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Watched the film "Extraction"  this morning.

With Chris Hemsworth staring in it.

Really good film

Yeah, it was a proper solid effort. 

It was a bit generic here and there and a touch too long imo, but I thought it was really well shot, well paced (for the most part) and the action was excellent. There was enough to elevate it above a standard, bang average, action flick. 

• Like 2

Â