The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

If anyone fancies seeing the SDCC Avengers Infinity War trailer, in dog shit quality (better than when I first saw it though tbf)... Beware spoilers for everything MCU arguably, but particularly Thor Ragnarok (Waititi says it isn't, it must be) and Spider-Man Homecoming.

Also beware, Americans going nuts over the least interesting things in the trailer.

It does look like they've just chucked everything at dialing up the spectacle...

Edited by Chindie

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

If anyone fancies seeing the SDCC Avengers Infinity War trailer, in dog shit quality (better than when I first saw it though tbf)... Beware spoilers for everything MCU arguably, but particularly Thor Ragnarok (Waititi says it isn't, it must be) and Spider-Man Homecoming.

Also beware, Americans going nuts over the least interesting things in the trailer.

It does look like they've just chucked everything at dialing up the spectacle...

This semi just turned full wood

19 hours ago, Xela said:

U wot m8? 

giphy.gif

BTTF Part II is fantastic! :)

Long time since I watched it but I vaguely remember it being a convoluted mess. In isolation it might be great but following the original it disappointed. Might be due a re-watch.

On 8/12/2017 at 12:47, coda said:

Long time since I watched it but I vaguely remember it being a convoluted mess. In isolation it might be great but following the original it disappointed. Might be due a re-watch.

I wasn't keen on the third one but love the second one. One of my childhood favourites :)

Atomic Blonde - great fun, Berlin 1989 setting full of spies, retro music and Theron kicking ass. 

Logan - utterly brutal, but a really excellent film. Though some of the direct references to westerns was awfully cheesy

It's been years since I've seen it, and obviously there have been so many sequels that are shown more often; but watching The original Shrek is still brilliant. So well put together, with the perfect mix and adult and child humour.

20 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I slightly preferred part 3 over 2 but both were great.

But my favourite Alien was Alien³

3 just relies solely on gimmicks. It loses all continuity. Number 2 was great because it still explores a timeline where the same characters exist. It makes as much sense as a film like that can.

Then in number 3 someone obviously just said "wouldn't it be cool if they went to the Wild West?" without figuring out a proper reason why that would happen.

Obviously all the films aren't meant to be taken too seriously, but for me number 3 just lets go of any seriousness the other two had and goes for cheap pops. 

It's entertaining, but it pales in comparison to the first two.

I rather like back to the future 3. The second one is obviously the more ambitious film, but the third is a good conclusion. As a kid that trilogy was like my Star Wars.

Glad they resisted making a fourth one (assuming that's still the case). 

Anyone else remember the subsequent cartoon series?

• Like 1

I hope they leave the BTTF franchise alone. It doesn't need a number 4 and it certainly doesn't need a 'reboot' with different cast members like Ghostbusters. 

The first 2 are bona fide classics. 

• Like 3

Bit late to the party... but Rogue One. 

Wow! What a great film. How about that ending! 

Both the new Star Wars movies have been great. 

220px-Rogue_One,_A_Star_Wars_Story_poste

• Like 4

Hunt-For-The-Wilderpeople-960x1440-Portr

really enjoyable, took me ages to getting round to watch it and im not sure why, got a good mix of genuine belly laugh moments and just charming moments that brought a smile to my face, the kid is excellent, the director has gone on to the new Thor film which looks in good hands

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I hope they leave the BTTF franchise alone. It doesn't need a number 4 and it certainly doesn't need a 'reboot' with different cast members like Ghostbusters. 

The first 2 are bona fide classics. 

Wouldn't be the same without Michael J Fox. No best left as it is forever a classic

• Like 1

Â