The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

13 hours ago, darrenm said:

I think deep impact is brilliant. Armageddon is OK. And the day after tomorrow is actually underrated.

2012 was pretty bad. Can't bring myself to watch San Andreas

I love a cheesy disaster movie too. San Andreas is ok, I always find the Rock strangely watchable,  even though most of his films are a bit ropey. 

Not a disaster movie as such, but in the similar vein of being potentially shite......

I'm unashamedly looking forward to 'Meg' next summer. 

Based on books by Steve Alten, a 'Megalodon' shark somehow manages to survive in the Marina Trench and ends up back in normal waters......

I wouldn't describe the books as 'good' by any means, but ever since Jaws as a kid, I've been terrified/fascinated by sharks, so a film with a shark the size of a couple of double decker buses appeals to me! 

I'd have loved a proper big budget blockbuster, but its got Jason Statham in, so I'm hoping that means they spent all the dough on effects :D

Anyway, who doesn't want to see a film that might contain a scene like this....

A0A47982-0231-4E97-BFC4-CD8410EF3BF5-5503-000004854F62E10B.jpeg

• Like 2

Ha that looks fun :D and Statham is great. 

Agree on the Rock, he also always comes across as a nice guy, should just do better films, though his brief appearance in The Other Guys is very funny.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I'm unashamedly looking forward to 'Meg' next summer. 

Based on books by Steve Alten, a 'Megalodon' shark somehow manages to survive in the Marina Trench and ends up back in normal waters......

I wouldn't describe the books as 'good' by any means, but ever since Jaws as a kid, I've been terrified/fascinated by sharks, so a film with a shark the size of a couple of double decker buses appeals to me! 

I'd have loved a proper big budget blockbuster, but its got Jason Statham in, so I'm hoping that means they spent all the dough on effects :D

Anyway, who doesn't want to see a film that might contain a scene like this....

I go the hardback of that book on its release in 1997. It's been in talks for a film for 20 years. Glad to see it is getting made. 

Film also stars Li Bingbing who at 44, looks amazing

Spoiler

3QK9V2OF.jpg

• Like 1

Hitmans Bodyguard was surprisingly good. nothing fresh but great chemistry between main 2 actors and Gary Oldman hamming it up as a dictator

best Samuel L Jackson performance in a while though Salma hayek stole the show :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I go the hardback of that book on its release in 1997. It's been in talks for a film for 20 years. Glad to see it is getting made. 

Film also stars Li Bingbing who at 44, looks amazing

Hide contents

3QK9V2OF.jpg

I can't remember how I got into the book, but it was only a couple of years ago, so I might have read something about the film and found it from there. 

Really enjoyed the first one, thought they did a good job of giving it an element of plausibility. The 2nd book jumped the Shark a bit ;), but it was ok. 

The film is a mixture of the two apparently, which is a little concerning. To be honest, as long as the effects are good and there's plenty of scenes where the giant prehistoric Shark eats everything and everybody, I'll be happy (and have slightly soiled undercrackers) 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hitmans Bodyguard was surprisingly good. nothing fresh but great chemistry between main 2 actors and Gary Oldman hamming it up as a dictator

best Samuel L Jackson performance in a while though Salma hayek stole the show :)

Donating to the cause too, the Doc will be pleased with you! 

23 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I can't remember how I got into the book, but it was only a couple of years ago, so I might have read something about the film and found it from there. 

Really enjoyed the first one, thought they did a good job of giving it an element of plausibility. The 2nd book jumped the Shark a bit ;), but it was ok. 

The film is a mixture of the two apparently, which is a little concerning. To be honest, as long as the effects are good and there's plenty of scenes where the giant prehistoric Shark eats everything and everybody, I'll be happy (and have slightly soiled undercrackers) 

I think I read an article on it in an American magazine when I was there in the summer of 97, which piqued my interest, especially as it was being talked about as a blockbuster film already. 

21 years later, it finally makes it to the big screen. Is Statham going to fight it face to face? :D

Have I mentioned that I watched Tron: Legacy for the first time last weekend?  I know it's old and I didn't really expect much but I absolutely loved it.  Stonking soundtrack by Daft Punk too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Well if talksport said it's good...

Alan Brazil gave it 9 pork pies out of 10. 

That's the most pork pies he's been able to eat whilst watching a film this year. 

• Like 1

Â