The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

"What is that?" 

"What do you think poof? it's a f*****g tool"

"No it's not, it's a rolling pin. Who are you? Fanny Craddock? What you gonna do with that? bake me a cake? Sing me a song? Watch me blow out my f*****g candles? 

"I come here for a f*****g shootout right. A proper shootout, with some proper men. Like Col. Custer and Geronimo, have you ever heard of them? No, cos you were too busy in your pinny, baking f******g fairy cakes! :crylaugh:

"f******g Sing" that had to be my fav scene

You know the bish was gunna sing after that ;)

Edited by supermon
  • Like 2

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 05:54, chappy said:

Watched three really good films on the plane the other day.

I, Daniel Blake was fantastic, very powerful and I think I had something in my eye a few times throughout. 

Moonlight started slowly but from the second act on I thought it was excellent, deserving of the hype.

Finally, Fargo; brilliant. Not sure how I haven't seen it before as it's the kind of film I love. Will give the Netflix series a watch when I get home now.

Series one is better than the film imo. Brilliant. Series 2 is very good. series 3 I have just bought but doesn't look as good as the other two. Of course the only connection between the film and the series' is the place

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

So I'm sitting down last night watching TV and the girlfriend walks in from the other room with a USB stick saying "I've downloaded Dunkirk for you." 

Cracking, I think. I'll have a bit of that. So I proceed to put it on.

Bout 10 mins I'm really confused. I've not seen any recognised actors. Horrific cgi and acting so wooden it must be directed by Roger Moore.

Turns out I'm watching 2017 blockbuster Operation Dunkirk about a team of soldiers trying to get an algorithm for radar.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

So I'm sitting down last night watching TV and the girlfriend walks in from the other room with a USB stick saying "I've downloaded Dunkirk for you." 

Cracking, I think. I'll have a bit of that. So I proceed to put it on.

Bout 10 mins I'm really confused. I've not seen any recognised actors. Horrific cgi and acting so wooden it must be directed by Roger Moore.

Turns out I'm watching 2017 blockbuster Operation Dunkirk about a team of soldiers trying to get an algorithm for radar.

Serves you right. Don't be a tea leaf 

I saw Dunkirk on Wednesday.

Thought it was absolutely brilliant. I'd happily see it again right now.

I sort of agree with Chindie that the three timelines were a bit of an issue, but for me it was just that it slightly overcomplicated things. I found myself struggling to place some events in the overall timeline.

But the positive of that was seeing events from different perspectives was brilliantly done and definitely added much more to the movie than the complexity took away.

Excellent film.

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Snatched - Just dont bother. I knew it would be awful but it was much much worse than even I could have imagined.

That falls firmly into my "Why on earth would you do that to yourself?" category.  I mean that was never ever going to be anything other than face punchingly shit.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

That falls firmly into my "Why on earth would you do that to yourself?" category.  I mean that was never ever going to be anything other than face punchingly shit.

Correct.

The wife wanted to watch it even though I said it would be a mess. 90 minutes later she said I was right.........

Just now, mykeyb said:

Correct.

The wife wanted to watch it even though I said it would be a mess. 90 minutes later she said I was right.........

... and forfeited her next 3 selections.  Or she can swap them for ... that thing you like.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the Tom Hardy worship out there. He's a decent actor, but that's about it, IMO. He plays an aloof, someone detached tough guy in every role, and two roles now (at least) where his face is covered with a mask. What am I missing?

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I don't really understand the Tom Hardy worship out there. He's a decent actor, but that's about it, IMO. He plays an aloof, someone detached tough guy in every role, and two roles now (at least) where his face is covered with a mask. What am I missing?

It's because he looks like Picard

picard_shinzon.jpg

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Have you seen Locke? If not, give that a go.

for reasons im sure already discussed here i thought locke was utter shite

the drop, child 44, legend, lawless werent as good as they could / should have been a few would probably add tinker tailor to that list too, warrior and mad max were very good though and he's excellent in the revenant 

he hasnt done enough yet, needs more roles, mad max showed he can sell a film though (irony being its theron's film really) and taboo shows he can more or less do what he wants here

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

He didn't in Locke. that's when I first realised this guy can really act. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

The first time I saw him, was in 'The Take' in 2009, which was a Sky TV production from a Martina Cole book. He was class in that, brilliantly unhinged. 

He's great in Legend, Peaky Blinders, Inception, Taboo and Mad Max, mental in Bronson and Warrior is an underrated film imo.

The only thing he's done that's annoyed me is the CBBC bedtime stories, purely because I object to it on the grounds of double standards and kids TV shows shouldn't be sexualised. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

He's great in Legend, Peaky Blinders, Inception, Taboo and Mad Max, mental in Bronson and Warrior is an underrated film imo.

Actually really good I thought in ST:Nemesis too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Actually really good I thought in ST:Nemesis too.

Not seen it TBF. I missed Batman off my list too, I thought he was quality as Bane. 

Â