The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Any thoughts on Tom Hardy for 007??

I hear he Tom Hardy will be playing Venom in the upcoming Spiderman films too

He'd be ace as Bond. 

The Venom thing sounds a bit mental,  it could be really hit and miss. 

I think his quality output might start to drop, given he appears to be everywhere at the minute, due to Taboo having some financial issues apparently. 

50 minutes ago, supermon said:

I'd argue he's too big a star to do it. It would slightly hamstring his career. 

5 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Snatched - Just dont bother. I knew it would be awful but it was much much worse than even I could have imagined.

Just having Paul Feig's name anywhere near it meant it was probably going to be a pile of shite. 

1 hour ago, supermon said:

I doubt he'll play Bond. He's too well known and it'll commit him to doing it for years. I also don't think he particularly suits the role. They'll go with a bit of a more unknown imo.

Bizarrely he isn't playing Venom in a Spider-Man movie. He's playing Venom in a Spider-Man universe which doesn't feature Spider-Man :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, supermon said:

I wouldn't mind seeing less of Tom Hardy in everything ever.

Not that I don't like him or think he's good, just becoming a bit saturated.

• Like 1

Hardy seems a bit too muscular for me to play Bond, he just doesnt seem the fit. Also dont think his character would fit the role

He be more suited to a role like Bourne than Bond

In its current format Hardy wouldn't suit 007....However, if Christopher Nolan was able to unleash his skills then Hardy would be an awesome 007, less of the polished Bond, more of the raw, irratic Bond

15 hours ago, supermon said:

He's too famous for Bond.

He might be good as Venom, but the films will almost certainly be terrible.

After Legend I'm surprised Hardy ever got work again  ..guess he's got enough on his CV to be forgiven for it  ...but it's all about opinions and I know a lot of people thought he was great in it 

good, I re-watched Antman a couple of weeks ago, no huge surprises and plays as you expect but the formula works well, the fighting on the train set always makes me laugh. Though having watched Lego Batman since first viewing I can't help but go "pew-pew!" in my mind during those scenes for some reason.

As Dunkirk was sold out went and watched 47 meters down last night

usually the only films I watch that have 2 women leads in involves a fair amount of scissoring and maybe one cup  , but once the scuba diver in me became comfortable with overlooking every flaw in what they were doing with scuba gear  , I kinda enjoyed it ... it's quite a claustrophobic film , not quite as uncomfortable to watch as Buried  but , decent enough to make you feel a little uncomfortable at times  .... it manage to make  the woman next to me jump on numerous occasions and I've spent less enjoyable ways eating a bucket of popcorn ... I probably wouldn't recommend it , but if you've got nothing else to watch then , heck why not

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

but once the scuba diver in me became comfortable with overlooking every flaw in what they were doing with scuba gear

The internet is littered with articles about just how badly wrong they got the diving in that movie :D (I wouldn't have a clue)

Â