The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 Godfathers (1948)

I loved watching John Wayne films as a kid I thought i had seen all his films but don't recall this one  I found it very enjoyable 

I disagree about Chris Pine tbh.  I like him in the Star Trek reboots and I thought he was very good in Hell or High Water.

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'm starting to think nobody has twigged on to what I was trying to do there.....:(

Oh God.  My bad.  Sorry :blush:

• Like 3

On 21 June 2017 at 10:23, BOF said:

Yep pretty much.  Given what it could have been, it's a disaster.  I mean seriously, are real f**king dinosaurs not exciting enough?  And trained raptors?!?1???!?eleven???!

To be fair the trained raptors thing seemed a decent idea to me and certainly worth building a film around.  The film they built was pretty shit though and God knows what they'll do in the next one.

Just watched Anthropoid on Netflix.  I've read a couple of books recently about the assassination of Heydrich and the film portrays how I imagined it went pretty well.  I see they've made a film from HHhH as well this year which might be worth checking out.

On 6/22/2017 at 16:14, TheMelvillan said:

Apart from Chris Pine.
Thora Birch and Leslie Ash too.

Sometimes I think they should branch out or just leave acting altogether

Excellent. This gets the Xela..

gt+Episode+34+gt+MFW+_d9bacfea83966a4b7b

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Man from Nowhere.

Fantastic

The_Man_from_Nowhere_poster.jpg

It's amazing isn't it? I remember being blown away when I first watched it a few years ago (I recommended it on here iirc). It reminded me of Bourne combined with Leon.

Excellent stuff.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's amazing isn't it? I remember being blown away when I first watched it a few years ago (I recommended it on here iirc). It reminded me of Bourne combined with Leon.

Excellent stuff.

It is. I haven't seen muck Korean cinema but what I have I like. Oldboy was great and remember watching another one... something about revenge and a female lead. 

I love the fact they are so bleak! Need to watch more. Any recommendations mate?

The Man from Nowhere is on Netflix if anyone else is interested. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I love the fact they are so bleak! Need to watch more. Any recommendations mate?

Just a few hundred :D

I'll have a think and PM you over a list :thumb:

• Like 1

Â