3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just a few hundred :D

I'll have a think and PM you over a list :thumb:

Cheers mate, appreciated 

You da man!

yoona4.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

It is. I haven't seen muck Korean cinema but what I have I like. Oldboy was great and remember watching another one... something about revenge and a female lead. 

I love the fact they are so bleak! Need to watch more. Any recommendations mate?

The Man from Nowhere is on Netflix if anyone else is interested. 

Save the Green Planet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

It is. I haven't seen muck Korean cinema but what I have I like. Oldboy was great and remember watching another one... something about revenge and a female lead. 

I love the fact they are so bleak! Need to watch more. Any recommendations mate?

The Man from Nowhere is on Netflix if anyone else is interested. 

Was that Lady Vengeance. I love Korean cinema

• Like 1

i started with mr vengence, loved it, kind of drifted away from Asian cinema now (spoiler) got a film called the age of shadows to try and watch, im hoping that list included the good the bad and the weird, the host, snowpiercer, thirst, mother

taegukgi is probably my favourite korean film

Spoiler

a lot of films on the fire stick dont seem to have subtitles

after that go Asian with in the mood for love, 2046, 13 assasins, chungking express, flowers of war, city of life and death, aftershock

• Like 3

Train to Busan is a really good Zombie outbreak flick 

The wailing is also pretty good, albeit a bit long for some perhaps.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

missing a little indie horror film, three extremes, bedevilled another I remember, uninvited, the isle- brilliant movie, a girl at my door. love that film, many more but just canbt remember the names of then

• Like 2

First reactions are out for Spider-Man Homecoming.

First reactions are always a bit difficult because inevitably they're mostly fanboys and the like with the odd critic, but there's quite a few out today and the worst one I've seen says it's the third best cinematic Spidey. Which considering Raimi's first 2 are actually pretty good movies (the second is still one of the best comic movies over a decade on), that's some praise really.

Most of the comments love it, with call outs to the surprises it has (seemingly some of these are almost spoilers in themselves), how funny it is,  how good Holland is, and surprisingly a lot mention Keaton's Vulture as a good villain, one of the MCU's best. Considering I'd stake my last penny he's a one and done villain, regardless of how good Keaton can be, I'm very surprised he's getting much praise.

I'm now much more interested in Homecoming than I was. Let's face it I was always seeing it, Spider-Man was my number 2 favorite as a kid (Batman was always my first love, the animated series made sure of that), but I wasn't really massively looking forward to it what with the Sony thing and the Vulture being a '...sigh' villain, and Civil War basically had a great 20 min Spider-Man movie in the middle, and frankly it's the sixth Spider-Man movie inside 16 years...

Speaking of Sony and comics, a few things have come out about their weird and whacky Spider-Man not Spider-Man Cinematic Universe.

A few weeks ago we had news they were making a Venom movie, starring Tom Hardy, and everyone went 'great casting, but it's not MCU...wut?'. Turns out, it is. Or at least it might be. Sorta. Sony head Amy Pascal was interviewed the other day with Marvel mastermind Kevin Fiege and mentioned that Sony's projects will be MCU related, but in an offshoot kinda way with Spider-Man being the link. Fiege longer very awkward as she said this, whether that is in a 'what are you talking about' way or a 'that's not agreed yet' way or a 'there goes the big surprise for Homecoming's ending' kinda way I've no idea.

I guess this is better than nothing, I want Spider-Man fully part of the MCU and that means supporting cast and villains in too, which this gives us. But it also isn't really the same, the link is minor and it means we won't see proper cross overs. And it means Sony can do what they always, always do, and **** up, and now it won't just be it's own little garbage fire. It can spread. Hmm.

It's also been rumoured the villain for Venom will be Carnage. Because of course it will be. At least they might, might be able to make Venom make sense now Spider-Man can theoretically appear. What money the symbiote appears in Infinity War?

22 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Michael Keaton was always going to be good Dean. He is brilliant.

True. But he can't work miracles and Marvel villains are usually reasonably weak. We'll see I guess...

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 19:27, MakemineVanilla said:

Didn't Statham do a rip-off of this in Safe?

There are a few similarities, yes. 

Safe is a decent movie. Can't beat a bit of Statham every now and again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

There are a few similarities, yes. 

Safe is a decent movie. Can't beat a bit of Statham every now and again.

Some films are remarkably similar, you can't be blamed for thinking they are copies - like Dredd and The Raid. 

• Like 1

Â