The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 6/24/2017 at 20:30, Chindie said:

True. But he can't work miracles and Marvel villains are usually reasonably weak. We'll see I guess...

cast list spoiler

Spoiler

donald glover is the prowler

you then also have shocker, scorpion and the tinkerer

Deepwater horizon was a decent disaster movie. 

Some impressive effects of the oil rig being destroyed, which were all the more impressive as they built a to-scale oil rig to film on and around. 

Considering how horrific the incident was, only 11 died. Shocked it wasn't way more. 

Mark warlberg plays his usual american everyman and is ably supported by Kurt Russell and a brilliant turn by john malkovic. 

Not a bad 1 3/4 hours. 

Shock horror rumour has it that Justice League will feature (potentially significant spoiler)

Spoiler

Superman

as a villain. Which will surprise literally nobody.

Said to be confirmed in the new trailer due shortly. Presumably at SDCC.

Sigh.

17 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I finally watched The Revenant yesterday. It's good if you want to watch Leonardo di Caprio crawling around spluttering and gasping for 2 hours, I suppose.

The scenery was great the Bear fight scene was brilliant and that's it. Too predictable a film to keep me interested. 

Baby Driver getting excellent reviews.

Really pleased as I thought it looked great from the trailer and i'm a big fan of Edgar Wright. I'll be seeing this on Thursday so hopefully it lives up to the hype.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

War for the Planet of the Apes has reviewed very well too. Early reviews so always likely to be good, but people really seem to have fallen for it.

Good.

I **** loved the first two. Solidly entertaining and incredibly well put together.

• Like 3

I remember seeing the trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and laughing my ass off thinking it was a ridiculous idea. Then when it came out I went to go see Cowboys and Aliens but it had sold out so I begrudgingly saw Dawn instead.

Bloody loved it. Saw Cowboys and  Aliens the week after and well, we all know how forgettable that film is.

Looking forward to the new one a lot.

Edited by Ginko

Fancied a nice happy film on Sunday... was a toss up between Bambi and this:

I Saw the Devil

220px-Isawthedevil.jpg

Well, that was a nice cheery film!

Seriously though, it was fantastic and very violent. Another great bit of Korean cinema

There are no happy endings in these films!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Dunno if this has bindunne. Looks good.

Looks pretty good that.

Pity Pierce Brosnan is in it though - can't abide him.

Edited by Designer1

21 hours ago, Designer1 said:

A film of two halves - both of them brilliant :)

Regrettably I never got time to watch it. Too busy with work shit. 

Will have to wait until the weekend. 

Â