The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

I'm this too, and I enjoyed Rogue One much more than Force Awakens. And I don't know anyone who would disagree with that either.

Fair enough, i'm just going from anecdotal evidence from my friends, my friend's friends and my family. 

I think Rogue One is probably the better film, but for pure excitement and wonder, I enjoyed Force Awakens more, first time round. Mind I had waited a long time for it, where as Rouge One was only out 12 months after Force Awakens.   

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

moonlight - got 98% on RT, its got 99 on metacritic, the 4th highest ranked film of all time, actors that are in it for about 7 minutes are winning awards...its ok i guess, some good performances and script but its just one of these drama-less dramas, its watchable but i dont think its gripping or inspiring, its a bit throwaway, im surprised ryan gosling wasnt in it

miss pergrines home for gifted children or something or other - ok, solid but unspectacular, weird set up and story which they just about get to work, i wouldnt be able to explain it 

hidden figures - story of black women working at NASA in the 60s, very good film, some great performances and id say it sits up there with the help and selma, america's a scary place, 55 years a go they could put a man in space but black people had to use different drinking fountains...

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

moonlight - got 98% on RT, its got 99 on metacritic, the 4th highest ranked film of all time, actors that are in it for about 7 minutes are winning awards...its ok i guess, some good performances and script but its just one of these drama-less dramas, its watchable but i dont think its gripping or inspiring, its a bit throwaway, im surprised ryan gosling wasnt in it

Yeah not quite as good as the critical reaction. I didn't recognise who played his mother until afterwards.

Watched I, Daniel Blake. Iain Duncan Smith and the rest of his merry band should be forced to watch it.

co_lc34.jpg (350×211)

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Watched Passengers at the cinema.

Some really cool, nice ideas in the film that kept it interesting.

You are just promoting rape culture :P

bnp2Acn.jpg

y4YlXic.jpg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Didn't know there was another cloverfield film?!? 

Didn't feel I missed anything with 10 Cloverfield (or did I?)

You mean another as in the next one, or you were not aware of the one before? 

The next one was going to be called 'God Particle' and it's the same premise as 10CL (originally called 'the cellar'), so JJ could produce it without the hype surrounding the 'Cloverfield' name. 

Spoiler

I'm assuming/hoping it links the original monster/Alien from the first with the ending in 10CL. I'm hoping it's the 'how it all started' instalment.  

15 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You mean another as in the next one, or you were not aware of the one before? 

The next one was going to be called 'God Particle' and it's the same premise as 10CL (originally called 'the cellar'), so JJ could produce it without the hype surrounding the 'Cloverfield' name. 

Hide contents

I'm assuming/hoping it links the original monster/Alien from the first with the ending in 10CL. I'm hoping it's the 'how it all started' instalment.  

No, I didn't realise there was one before 10CL. 

I will certainly look out for its sequel though. May have to watch the first one too. 

Thanks wazzap! 

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No, I didn't realise there was one before 10CL. 

I will certainly look out for its sequel though. May have to watch the first one too. 

Thanks wazzap! 

As Xela said, Cloverfield is a great monster movie. 

It's nothing like 10CL and you probably won't even notice any connection, but when you've watched it, there's some stuff online that makes the links. 

JJ himself has confirmed they are part anthology films, but also part 'of something else we have going on' or words to that effect. 

• Like 1

Â