The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the full ending?

It was. I think the shorter ending wouldn't have been as satisfying. The extended cut ties it up nicely 

• Like 1

Chuckled through the predictable Daddy's Home last night.

It's not ground-breaking or indeed fantastic but there is a chemistry between Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg that somehow works well (The Other Guys was also decent) with the former sending himself up very well (particularly at the very end)

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Reflecting On Existence

Totally weird comedy from Sweden.

Dystopian dark humour, visually appealing, pleasant music, poignant and memorable.

'I'm happy to hear you're doing fine'

Strongly recommend his previous movies 'You, The Living' and 'Songs From The Second Floor'. 

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I fell asleep at the cinema during Spiderman 3, at least I think it was that one. Which is quite an achievement considering it was the loudest, most obnoxious peice of shit I'd ever paid money to witness. 

Most of them are like that to me though. I quite like some of the 'alternative' comic book movies, like deadpool and guardians of the galaxy and anything conceived by Alan Moore is worth a look, however stuff like the endless Spiderman reboots boil my piss. They're lazy money making schemes, if I never see one again it'll be too soon. 

Yep, Spiderman 3 is the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema.

Utter garbage.

• Like 1

Wow, men and chickens has to be the most utterly bonkers film I've watched for a long time. 

It surpasses the lobster for sheer oddness but is somehow very enjoyable! 

Imagine the island of Dr Moreau meets the three stooges (but in danish) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, Spiderman 3 is the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema.

Utter garbage.

Not the worst film I've seen at the cinema (that'd be Bruno) but the walking down the street clicking his fingers scene is definitely the most eye bleedingly bad thing I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through

• Like 1

My missus liked it, preferred it to zootropolis, I'd say moana was probably my favourite cartoon last year (although I'll admit I haven't watched that big Japanese one) better than dory (which if you take Hank out of it isn't very good) Kung fu panda 3, norm of the north (which was **** horrific)

watched jack reacher 2 earlier, enjoyed the first one, second one steps back in the obscurity of the crowd

also watched he new magnificent 7, it was ok, 6/10, good cast

Edited by villa4europe

Spider-Man 3's most overtly ridiculous bits are blatantly Raimi sabotaging it in protest to the studios insistence on meddling with his script/story, inserting characters against his will (venom) and just basically telling him how to suck eggs. At least that's what I took from it. 

29 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Spider-Man 3's most overtly ridiculous bits are blatantly Raimi sabotaging it in protest to the studios insistence on meddling with his script/story, inserting characters against his will (venom) and just basically telling him how to suck eggs. At least that's what I took from it. 

This. 

Raimi doesn't like Venom as a character and wanted to finish his story of Parker's interaction with the Osbornes with a classic villain, Sandman and another villain, probably the Vulture. The studio was fine with the Osborne thing but wanted Venom in as well because he's a very popular villain, and has been since inception, regardless of Raimi's thoughts. So with his heart barely in it he churned out a movie with his contempt for the entire symbiote plotline as evident as he could make it. 

It still ended up being a $900m movie.

I think it's a better movie than most give it credit for (because nobody can look past the emo Peter bits, which are shit) but it's not great. 2 is the best Spidey film, Molina being a really good Octavius, and it's one of the best superhero movies full stop still... though Homecoming could outdo it. Raimi's Spider-Man isn't that accurate to the comics (he's too old and his Peter is far too much of a wet blanket, and he doesn't move and fight like Spider-Man at all, and there's no webshooters) whereas Civil War suggested they've got things bang on.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody does animation like Disney. Everyone else are fighting for second best.

Anime says hi. :wave:

Â