The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The Good Dinosaur.

Man enough to admit I choked up a few times. The stick figure scene got me. Beautiful film. 

My kids didn't want to see this one , I fear they've reached that point where I can no longer use them as an excuse to go see all the  kids films  ... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen).

Very chilling thriller about the Stasi and a playwright and his actress wife.

Wonderfully intense performance by Ulrich Mühe as the Stasi officer.

The last line of that film...so good :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My kids didn't want to see this one , I fear they've reached that point where I can no longer use them as an excuse to go see all the  kids films  ... 

Just watch it anyway, it's gotten some middling reviews but most of them are by cynical and heartless hipster type reviewers. Everyone else I know who has seen it enjoyed it. I enjoyed at least anyway. If you do decide to watch it then prepare yourself for the aforementioned stick man scene :(

I thought it was crap tbh, rehash of other Disney films (lion king mainly) overly and quite cheaply sentimental with no real attempt let alone depth of supporting characters

They can do and have done so much better, felt like a quick throw it out there move on to the next one type film to me

Looper is a decent film, Levitt, Blunt and Willis all very good. However-

Spoiler

I felt that the use of telekinesis was completely unnecessary. There's already time travel going on, it felt like a hat on top of a hat.

Couldn't the kid have just gained revenge through non "TK" means?

That grumble aside, an entertaining watch.

• Like 1

Right guys and gals,  probably directed at Designer as he is a fountain of all film knowledge however,  feel free to chip in if you have ideas. 

Generally,  I don't watch horror films at all,  however I want to start giving some a go. 

So what are the best horror films made over the past 3 or 4 years?  Preferably without subtitles.  Thanks :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Right guys and gals,  probably directed at Designer as he is a fountain of all film knowledge however,  feel free to chip in if you have ideas. 

Generally,  I don't watch horror films at all,  however I want to start giving some a go. 

So what are the best horror films made over the past 3 or 4 years?  Preferably without subtitles.  Thanks :D

Babadook is awesome. Ignore troon ;)

• Like 1

Â