The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

Bourne > Bond

Come at me bro'

babycarhappy.gif

Come back when Bourne has  26 films under it's belt  (The Bourne Legacy already weakens your case)

but you can still have a like for the cute baby gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

John Wick was a lot better than I thought it was  going to be . Probably Keanu's 2nd best film. (After The Replacements)

Knock_Knock.jpeg

I'll always remember this film of Keanu's .. I'll probably forget he was in it mind

12 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I dont recall that one Tony ? I need names ....

the film was called Knock Knock

the very lovely ladies are  Ana De Armas and Lorenza Izzo  AND more importantly the both get their norks out during the film

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Hmmmm.

For me this is way better than the first trailer.

Maybe there's some hope for it after all.

Better than the first trailer, but that really isn't saying much at all.

I'm also getting a massive 'Guys, remember Guardians of the Galaxy? What do you reckon to making that, but with a bit grittier? Cool right?!' feeling off that.

And the character design is still atrocious.

Particularly Harley Quinn, who they appear to have just decided to bin the character canon with entirely. She doesn't look like the character, she certainly doesn't sound like the character has always done and she doesn't act like the character either in any of the trailers. They might as well have not bothered.

Leto's Joker still looks shite as well.

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the film was called Knock Knock

the very lovely ladies are  Ana De Armas and Lorenza Izzo  AND more importantly the both get their norks out during the film

Unfortunately, the price of norkage comes with the penalty of having to sit through an Eli Roth movie :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

John Wick was a lot better than I thought it was  going to be . Probably Keanu's 2nd best film. (After The Replacements)

The Matrix is very good. Less said about the sequels the better!

That's a strong emotion for something you could have opted out of at any time.

In the genre of "Highly skilled badass takes revenge on those who have wronged him" John Wick is one of the better executed films. The only thing that bugged me was the music.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Speed, street kings, point break, matrix, Constantine, scanner darkly, devils advocate, even man of tai chi

All watchable enough

Devils advocate has some nice gratuitous nudity so I always enjoy that one , even if Beppe from Eastenders appearance ruins the film 

is it just me that can't stop calling Speed " the bus that couldn't slow down" ever since the Simpsons sketch ?

image.jpeg

• Like 3

John Wick was fantastic, OTT fun. The choreography on some of the shoot outs was absolutely stunning.

Really loved all the 'hotel for assassins' concept too - all done with a smart sense of humour.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

That's a strong emotion for something you could have opted out of at any time.

In the genre of "Highly skilled badass takes revenge on those who have wronged him" John Wick is one of the better executed films. The only thing that bugged me was the music.

You're right, I should have left the cinema, but I've never actually walked out on a film yet. John Wick was very close. The other films that were so close were The Edukators and Big Momma's House. I wonder what the film that actually breaks me will be like. 

Some older choices but all on the BBC iPlayer at the moment so......

Drive - very slick, well acted and yet hilariously predictable. 8/10

The Devil's Double - superb, really enjoyed it. Stunning lead performance. 10/10

The Rack Pack - a TV movie certainly but a well acted and directed one. 9/10.

• Like 1

Â