The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Hitchcock was a master of film, of that there isn't much doubt. In my eyes anyway. Love Vertig, and the Birds always has that freaky factor.

Just been to see 'Modnight In Paris' and I enjoyed it. Simple plot yet it worked really well in my eyes.

Just a light film like 'Whatever Works' was, although I don't think it is as good as that. Some really nice shots of Paris throughout.

Just been to see 'Modnight In Paris' and I enjoyed it. Simple plot yet it worked really well in my eyes.

Just a light film like 'Whatever Works' was, although I don't think it is as good as that. Some really nice shots of Paris throughout.

Bicks and Blandy go with you? ;)

This has probably been mentioned before but what a fantastic film The Damned United is.
Indeed it is. Bear in mind it's a drama - some things have been embellished or are just wrong. But that doesn't matter.

The overall "feel" of it is spot-on. I was a student in Leeds during Clough's 44 days, and actually went to some of those Elland Road matches - and it brought it back very vividly indeed.

The book's good, too.

This has probably been mentioned before but what a fantastic film The Damned United is.
Indeed it is. Bear in mind it's a drama - some things have been embellished or are just wrong. But that doesn't matter.

The overall "feel" of it is spot-on. I was a student in Leeds during Clough's 44 days, and actually went to some of those Elland Road matches - and it brought it back very vividly indeed.

The book's good, too.

I've heard more on here who hates it than who likes it, but I'm with you two. Really, really good film, IMO.

Just watched a decent drama with Clive Owen. The boys are back. Could've been better, but good enough. And I like Owen. Think he's a decent actor. But I think they could've gone a little bit deeper.

Excellent film on BBc4 now:

5147W528NBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

What's it about?

A while back I searched the internet for 'the best sci-fi/ fantasy films' and Brazil always came up but I thought it looked too 80's, so I ignored it :lol:

Just watched the film 'Skyline', an alien flick with no big name stars. It's utterly shit.

Never watch anything by the so-called "Brothers Strause". Ever.

Normally id rate this film 0/10 but it has turk in it from scrubs and the hispanic dude from Dexter so ill give it a +2 2/10

Â