The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On that topic, I finally got round to watching You Are (Not) Alone. Enjoyed it, but I'm reserving full judgement until You Can (Not) Advance and the proper deviations from the original kick in.

hogso, have you ever seen Tokyo Gore Police?

On that topic, I finally got round to watching You Are (Not) Alone. Enjoyed it, but I'm reserving full judgement until You Can (Not) Advance and the proper deviations from the original kick in.

hogso, have you ever seen Tokyo Gore Police?

The last new Eva film isnt out for another 2 years or something, which sucks. Too long to wait. I liked both the new movies though.

Yes! It is wonderful. You know how Dead/Alive was really OTT with the gore, and it was kind of gross, but more funny (assuming the viewer is a sicko anyway :D), it's kind of like that. But switch out the undead for criminal mutants in a futuristic tokyo.

I went to see it at the ICA in London, foolishly not knowing what to expect (yeah, there is a pretty big **** clue in the title I should've picked up on :oops:). I nearly lost my lunch during the fetish club scenes.

I mentioned Tyrannosaur a while ago on this thread and it finally gets its UK release this Friday. I haven't been this excited about a new movie for a while, as 1) it's directed by the legendary Paddy Considine and 2) it stars two of my favourite british actors in Peter Mullan and Eddie Marsan.

Reviews have been very positive so far, but it's certainly not going to be a date movie as it's been likened to Ken Loach in style. I'm expecting the usual acting masterclass from Mullan and looking forward to seeing how good Paddy is on the other side of the camera.

**EDIT** Just booked up for me and the missus to see this at the Electric in Bham on one of the lovely sofas. Some movies are worth spending a bit more one. Cannae wait! :D

Went to see this tonight and it surpassed even my high expectations. Great performances from the two leads, especially Olivia Colman who deserves all the plaudits she will no doubt receive.

Dark, gritty and powerful stuff as expected from Considine.

I'm shocked, Empire didn't give Tintin 5 stars.

They usually can't wait to slobber all over Spielberg's penis.

Surely no-one has any interest in watching Tin-Tin, I can't think of worse subject matter for a re-boot. And this whole digitising actors into animation just seems like a waste of everyones time, and it looks creepy.

I'm shocked, Empire didn't give Tintin 5 stars.

They usually can't wait to slobber all over Spielberg's penis.

Surely no-one has any interest in watching Tin-Tin, I can't think of worse subject matter for a re-boot. And this whole digitising actors into animation just seems like a waste of everyones time, and it looks creepy.

I'm going to watch it. Excited about it too. And I'm not alone. I think an animated film is the best thing to do when it comes to cartoon characters like Tintin. Does anyone remember Terence Hills' Lucky Luke?

I used to read Tintin when I was younger so I'll be giving it a go.

I'm not a fan of the kind of animation used either in all honesty. However, it can be very impressive at times (with the creepy character aspect aside).

I actually enjoyed the newer version of 'A Christmas Carol' to some degree as it can look stunning at times.

Anyway, I'll give Tintin a go and if it's crap then oh well. I prefer not to judge a film until I have seen it, whether it is an indie film or mainstream.

Tintin looks good from the trailers. Will watch.

At the other end of the timescale, I just got DVDs of "The Great Train Robbery", "Nosferatu", "Birth of a Nation" and "Intolerance", to go with my "Metropolis".

Silents fest coming up.

Â