The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watching Inception tonight for a uni course on The Unconscious - which I have to give a presentation on. Tough life etc. I've watched it 3 times so far and I think my opinion has changed entirely now from when I first watched it at the cinema last year.

I've watched it once at home and thought it was rubbish.

I gave up on it after about 20 minutes.

Watching Inception tonight for a uni course on The Unconscious - which I have to give a presentation on. Tough life etc. I've watched it 3 times so far and I think my opinion has changed entirely now from when I first watched it at the cinema last year.

I've watched it once at home and thought it was rubbish.

I gave up on it after about 20 minutes.

I wasn't impressed when I saw it at the cinema, but decided to give it another go on Bluray.

Same result, really didn't enjoy it at all. Some lovely cinematography and a very interesting concept but it just didn't work for me.

I've watched it once at home and thought it was rubbish. How has your opinion changed?

to the theory the whole film in itself is a dream. At the time I was mistaken for thinking the spinning top had any relevance at all.

It's not his totem anyway, so you're right, it has no relevance

Incidentally, I've seen Inception three times now I think. When I saw it at the cinema I was blown away, now not so much, don't rate it that highly.

And I'm still yet to hear a good explanation for why they needed a "kick" when they were in the lowest level

oh and by the way has any one ever seen this?

512McnPilLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

With over 25 million copies sold, the hit manga series has been adapted into two live-action feature films directed by Shusuke Kaneko, widely known for the popular, Gamera, monster film series.

The films center on Light Yagami, a university student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the titular 'Death Note', dropped on Earth by a shinigami (death god) named Ryuk. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose face they have seen, by writing the victim's name in the notebook. The story follows Light's attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook, and the complex conflict between him, his opponents and a mysterious detective known to the world only as L

With over 25 million copies sold, the hit manga series has been adapted into two live-action feature films directed by Shusuke Kaneko, widely known for the popular, Gamera, monster film series.

The films center on Light Yagami, a university student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the titular 'Death Note', dropped on Earth by a shinigami (death god) named Ryuk. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose face they have seen, by writing the victim's name in the notebook. The story follows Light's attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook, and the complex conflict between him, his opponents and a mysterious detective known to the world only as L

Yes, I think I recommended it somewhere in this thread a while ago.

It's **** up genius (the demon Ryuk is a wonderfully ridiculous creation) and the sequel is great too.

OMG THE MANGA IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER~ manga vers. > anime vers. > live action vers. ^-^''

Same guy was in the live action version of Gantz aswell, by same applies there. Appropriate that the anime thread has had a nice bump. Yeh Death Notes worth a look though, just as long as you dont turn into a fangirl over it

Not anime, but I tried this

MV5BMTc3NzM1NjY3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ4Nzg5Mg@@._V1._SX353_SY500_.jpg

It was quite amusing. The literal translation of the Japanese title is 'Molester Train: Underwear Inspection' :lol:

Just got back from seeing Paranormal Activity 3, and i cant say it was much better than the first two, without spoiling it for those who want to go see it, few bits that shit me up, and as per usual from the previous 2, a crap ending.

I went to see 'Contagion' after work and thought it was rather good.

It is interesting how the whole film comes together and it kept my attention throughout. The feeling of fear came across well and showed just how easily germs can spread. I think I'm just going to keep my hands in my pockets from now on actually...

Speaking of Gosling, I'm looking forward to seeing 'The Ides of March' on Friday.

I'll probably go to see 'Tintin' and 'Ghostbusters' at some point over the weekend too.

Going to an 'Evil Dead' marathon at FACT on Saturday night, which starts at 11pm. Looking forward to that.

I watched Trespass the other night. good film dun wanna give too much away and spoil it but is a bit like Panic room, BUT Better

allso watched The River Murders.. good cast good Thriller even if a little predictable at times is well worth a look

If your looking for a comedy though steer clear of Crazy Stupid Love uter dross

Â