The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I don't think he reccomended it

Must've done. Its in the 'recommend me a film' thread :winkold:

Look back through the thread. if Ash doesn't like it, it's probably good. It's his recommendations that you'll want to avoid.

yeah i saw the road recently too, well acted, agree its grim tho..

just watched 'super', i thought it was fecking brilliant, better than kick ass etc.

also just watched 'restrepo', documentary by that Brit journalist killed in Libya.....amazing footage, a must watch...

Revisited a brilliant film yesterday, 'Stand By Me' , its one of my all time favourites from my childhood and its an absolute gem.

Its one of those 'kids going on a dangerous adventure and becoming stronger mates' 80's feel to it. Like a less silly goonies. Kiefer Sutherland and Corey Feldman are great in it.

I went to see 'Thor' today and was pleasantly surprised. I'm a big comic book fan, yet was never really a fan of his. Plus I was struggling to see how it would work on screen being that he is a god that has a hammer.

However, it did work quite well. Certainly not a classic, yet it was a good bit of fun. Some parts of it made me cringe although for the most part it got things right. It didn't take itself too seriously and seemed to find a good balance. Worth a watch if you want a good bit of popcorn fun in my opinion. Just don't take it too seriously and be prepared for a few cringeworthy moments.

I can't wait for 'The Avengers' even though I'm still not sure how they will make that many big characters work in one film...

Â