The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Revolutionary Road last night, it's probably not Sunday viewing but it's good.

Mild Spoiler Alert

I thought that the end was a bit ott for what was a great piece on the breakdown of a marriage.

Finally got around to seeing "Limitless" was a bit hesitant after seeing some poor reviews but after viewing I've decided to ignore critics forevermore, it really was very good.

On the flip side I attempted to watch "The Last Legion", quite possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen. Utter, utter shite.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but this is really, really a fan-****-tastic movie :D

departed-poster-1.jpg

Legendary Martin Scorsese indeed, Goodfellas was great as well and I'm waiting to catch Taxi Driver next time I get some dosh to spend (and Godfather as well but I know that ain't Scorsese's work)

Just wondering if people were going to recommend a good horror movie, what would they suggest? Haven't seen a decent one in ages, The Ring and Fourth Kind possibly the two in years that have actually had any effect.

Let the Right One In

finally got around to watching The Secret In Their Eyes.... a magnificent and must see film (regardless if you don't like foreign films!)

Yes, I championed its cause on here last year, it's easily one of the best movies I've seen in the last decade. A masterpiece.

Hmmm.

I've seen it and, whilst I thought it was a very good film, I didn't quite like it as much as others seem to have liked it.

Will give it another viewing sometime.

Watched Scream 4 last night...... really didn't get it.

I wanted to like it, im a bit of a horror buff, easily forgive most films even if they are shit but this was just boring.

I didnt look at imdb until after i had watched it and i was even more surprised when i did, all the user reviews are positive and i can't fathom why, it still has a few good ideas that have translated through all of the films since the first one but you just didn't give 2 shits about any of the characters and it was so self aware at times it was laughable.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but this is really, really a fan-****-tastic movie :D

departed-poster-1.jpg

Legendary Martin Scorsese indeed, Goodfellas was great as well and I'm waiting to catch Taxi Driver next time I get some dosh to spend (and Godfather as well but I know that ain't Scorsese's work)

Agree it's good but nowhere near as good as the original - Infernal Affairs!

I was checking the TV times today and noticed a film ive already seen which is on tonight if any are interested 10pm syfy channel

SwampShark.jpg

Great film i think its exceptionally well made and has an interesting plotline to it.

pictures didnt work for some reason

animal kingdom

Tells the story of seventeen year-old J (Josh) as he navigates his survival amongst an explosive criminal family and the detective who thinks he can save him.

watched this yesterday, decent film not great but decent. And the mom in it really freaked me out

also I watched

limitless yesterday quite enjoyed it, more than what I was expecting

I went over the IMDB forums to real up on it afterwards and hundreds of people are complaining about plot holes but to be honest I think when dealing with a film like this there is always gunna be hundreds of plot holes it just depends if you can be arsed to look for them or not but it didn't hinder the filmd for me

THE RITE

going to sit down today and watch this

just hope its better than the book which was fooking diabolical

Continuing the aquatic theme watched this last night thought it was great.

51FfWmJF2RL._SS500_.jpg

Genius film-making there and Tiffany gets her norks out which Debbie Gibson didn't in their previous release, Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. I've got this lined-up for the weekend and very much looking forward to it:

51kbYuza3UL._SS500_.jpg

Â