The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I went to see 'Thor' today and was pleasantly surprised. I'm a big comic book fan, yet was never really a fan of his. Plus I was struggling to see how it would work on screen being that he is a god that has a hammer.

However, it did work quite well. Certainly not a classic, yet it was a good bit of fun. Some parts of it made me cringe although for the most part it got things right. It didn't take itself too seriously and seemed to find a good balance. Worth a watch if you want a good bit of popcorn fun in my opinion. Just don't take it too seriously and be prepared for a few cringeworthy moments.

Same style as Iron Man/IM2 then?

I love the goonies, another of my all time favourites but its a silly (in an awesome and funny way) adventure :P

Too true :) were they meant to be re-making it, or am i going bananas?

Same style as Iron Man/IM2 then?

I suppose I would say it is pretty much the same style as the first 'Iron Man' which I found to be a good bit of fun too. However, I think it is better than the second one. I know that's not exactly hard but hey ho.

I love the goonies, another of my all time favourites but its a silly (in an awesome and funny way) adventure :P

Good god i hope not, that would be total sacrilige and unthinkable, the original is perfect the way it is, plus its only the same age as me.

Good god i hope not, that would be total sacrilige and unthinkable, the original is perfect the way it is, plus its only the same age as me.

Knew it was around somewhere....sucking the goodness out of classics

Knew it was around somewhere....sucking the goodness out of classics

You know what, reading through the plan they have set out, and the names involved, it doesnt sound AS bad as you would initially think, knowing donner is involved and its to be filmed in Astoria makes me feel a bit better about it at least.

Just looked at the date of that article, puts it to rest then.

Â