The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I haven't read much about the new HP spin-offs or the book it's based on (isn't it something to do with Neville Longbottom's grandad, or something?) but if there are beasts and magic, I'm sure I'll like it.

Yeah that's 3 more Harry potter films I won't be watching...

I've seen goblet of fire and then around 45 minutes of the other 7 (?) put together

I can see what they are and why they're so popular, just not for me, I've also seen Radcliffe in a couple of other things and several interviews and can't help but think he's an utter cock, he's from the Hugh Grant bumbling posh English clearing in the woods mould

Edited by villa4europe

More Potter though? **** me. I just looked that up too, it's based on a 41 page booklet written for charity. Three films?

The book is more of an encyclopedia. There's no story in it. The movies will follow the fictional author of the encyclopedia as he catalogues the "fantastic beasts". I'm imagining something like Indiana Jones with magical creatures.

As an HP fan, I'm looking forward to it.

Has anybody seen the trailer for the Rewrite. Its basically Californication Season 3 with Hugh Grant instead of David Duchovny

I found that trailer to be creepier than any horror film i've seen lately.

Watch The Angels' Share the other day. Thought it was pretty good. Some nice Scotch humour, actually involving Scotch.

I really enjoyed that, thought the acting was excellent.

It was pretty uplifting too for a Loach film.

• Like 2

Well I've finally watched all of Bladerunner and although I liked it... I don't think it's as amazing as it's made out to be.

Watching Frozen now, the film about some snowboarders stuck on a ski lift. Pretty gruesome injury and death :thumb:

The Amazing Spiderman 2 was all a bit Meh....

Too many villains to contend with, with each one feeling rushed to conclusion - considering the film was well over 2hrs it felt like the 'villain' side of it was wrapped up in 15 minutes.

A bit of a yawn-fest....

Unforgiven (1992)  I thought i had seen all the films Clint Eastwood has appeared in,so i was surprised to come across this film.In my opinion,this is a really good film which i really enjoyed watching. Would rate it a 8/10 

Watched Tangled this morning. Don't really know why.

As usual, a decent Disney effort, and more like the classic fairytale stuff as opposed to wall-e, toy story, wreck it Ralph etc.

Â