The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The ending of A Serious Man is so weird but so awesome

Yeah, very abrupt.

Just lets you draw your own conclusions really. Doesn't really 'end' at all, just kind of stops ....

So the new one how much Cat is in it, are we talking 50% of the movie is Cat, 70%, 90%...

There is enough cat for any movie, and the cat is the most important thing.

A line concerning the cat is also quite clever and important, and easily missed first time round.

almost like they tried to be QT but failed

If by that you mean NCFOM was meant to be like Quentin Tarantino, then you've done a Con.

Tonight I'm going to watch The Aviator I think. I was too young when I watched it last time and I didn't really appreciate it.

Coincidentally I watched that for the very first time last night. Didn't realise Scorsese and Di Caprio had worked together so much either.

If I was a director I'd want him in everything I did. Bloody awesome actor.

On a similar theme, Matt Damon needs to work more with the Coen's. They seem a good fit to me.

Black Rain - been years since i've seen it and obviously looks dated now, but still a decent film! Love the dark dystopian look of Osaka at night, 

At least it isn't the wrestling guys...

Don't come that, doing a Stefan'I hate wrestling but pestered VA endlessly to let him win a match, have a title etc'AVFC.

You were nearly as bad, pal. You are one of those guys.

thed-lucksedition_good-ol-j-r-jim-ross.p

AVFCforever1991 is broken in half!

• Like 4

almost like they tried to be QT but failed

If by that you mean NCFOM was meant to be like Quentin Tarantino, then you've done a Con.

It wasn't what I meant but perhaps I should have worded it better

for me some of the interaction and dialogue  and scenes that appear as if the director knows its intended meaning to be straightforward  but that are ambiguous to an audience, all had a feel that it could have come straight out of a QT film  ..... There is a touch of homage about it  ..in much the same way all directors seem to do  (oblivion influenced by Wall-E for example :) )

QT even filmed Brolins audition for him so that may have had some influence on the role of that character as well

I guess it's like people comparing American Hustle to Goodfellas .. personally I don't see it  ..but it's also easy to see why the comparison is amde

Mishima - A Life in Four Chapters

:thumb:

Probably one of the most unique biopics I've ever seen.

I knew nothing of Mishima or his work before seeing the film, so went into it with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

The performances, the cinematography, the direction, the soundtrack, all brilliant.

Mishima - A Life in Four Chapters

:thumb:

Probably one of the most unique biopics I've ever seen.

I knew nothing of Mishima or his work before seeing the film, so went into it with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

The performances, the cinematography, the direction, the soundtrack, all brilliant.

What's the ending like?  :unsure:

I Frankenstein - 1.5/5

just daft. all I can say is I was happy to stay until the end of the film, and it wasn't offensive. Was quick enough to not be totally annoying, but Eckhart aside ( and even then there are issues ) it was pretty naff. Bill Nighy as baddie help takes it up to 1.5. Otherwise, shite script, shite, CGI, shite plot, a lot of shite acting amongst the supporting actors. Not a huge surprise really, but it was a random afternoon film and had suitably low expectations anyway.

watched the wolf of wall street last night at cinema, was not expecting much but straight from the off I was hooked. money, tits, pussy, cocaine and plenty of lovely women getting roasted. felt like ripping my clothes off and shagging everything in site. top film, what a life that guy lived

Â