The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Looks like Iniesta is off to Japan for a couple of years & signing for Vissel Kobe, Same team Lukas Podolski signed for last year. They are not really one of japans bigger teams but Rakuten bought them a few years back and looks like they are trying to transform them from a mid-bottom of the table yoyo club into something better

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

id be worried if i was a spurs fan

I don't think he'll leave, signed a new 5 year deal this week.

Mauricio Pochettino has handed Tottenham Hotspur a huge boost by signing a new five-year contract worth up to £8.5million-a-year.

The deal, which runs to 2023, makes Pochettino one of the highest earning managers in the Premier League behind Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho.

The Argentine has been rewarded for guiding Spurs into the Champions League for a third successive season and means he will lead the club into the new stadium.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/24/mauricio-pochettino-signs-new-five-year-tottenham-contract-worth/

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

The lure of Real Madrid means that 5 year contract is useless, I'd love it if he left and took Kane with him ?

Edited by KHV

5 hours ago, KHV said:

The lure of Real Madrid means that 5 year contract is useless, I'd love it if he left and took Kane with him ?

Chances are he’ll be sacked within a year and his “word” will be in tatters for walking out on Spurs. He doesn’t seem to be that kind of guy. No doubt football people knew the RM job was about to become vacant hence the new big money long term contract this week.

It must be weird being Zidane.  Three seasons as Real Madrid manager, wins the Champions League three times, the Spanish League once, a couple of Club World Cups, makes a €95m profit in transfers during that period and in twenty years time he will probably still be primarily remembered for being a player. ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Anyone know when the fixtures are announced?  I'll be in Madrid on Sunday 26th August, so hoping to catch some action.

Today apparently but so crazily unorganised that prob be announced the day before season starts ?

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Today apparently but so crazily unorganised that prob be announced the day before season starts ?

La Liga is even worse than the prem for changing fixtures too I think. They do it at the drop of a hat with hardly any notice.

• Like 1

Â