The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Just now, VillaChris said:

Been plenty of brilliant football aswell.

It always is.

But I watched something like 40-50 (I'm guessing) El Clasico's (counting cup games) during the 90's and up until a few seasons ago and eventually I got fed up.

Sometime around 2008 or so it started to become farcical because every single effing game turned into chaos and it's only gotten worse with time.

It feels somewhat wrong that this Real Madrid side could go down in history as having won the CL 3 seasons in a row - they're just nowhere near the level that that accolade should command.

Referee's don't get worse than Spanish ones, never was a red card, utterly blatant foul on Varane for Messi's goal and then missed one of the more blatant penalties you will ever see.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Didn't realise Real Madrid had refused to give Barcelona a guard of honour too :D

Literally the most word removed team on the planet.  I'm amazed people want them to beat Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't realise Real Madrid had refused to give Barcelona a guard of honour too :D

Literally the most word removed team on the planet.  I'm amazed people want them to beat Liverpool.

They are a bunch of words removed. Unquestionably. I would be delighted if they and their spoilt, entitled fans never win anything ever again.

What they have in their favour as far as I’m concerned, is there are no Real Madrid fans that live near me that pop up when their team gets to the latter stages of a tournament. 

Liverpool do.

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Guard of honour is not obligatory so dont see the problem

Correct - it isn't.  Only a word removed team wouldn't have the sportsmanship to do it, though.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It feels somewhat wrong that this Real Madrid side could go down in history as having won the CL 3 seasons in a row - they're just nowhere near the level that that accolade should command.

They have the will to win and never say die spirit Man. United always had under Fergie. Juventus are very similar aswell (probably the most similar modern side to those United teams).

I personally think Barca going unbeaten would feel more strange. Aside from Messi being in GOD mode for most of the year this season is nowhere on level on the Pep sides from 6-7 years ago and their CL performance reflected it.

Edited by VillaChris

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Correct - it isn't.  Only a word removed team wouldn't have the sportsmanship to do it, though.

yep no mention that Barcelona have refused them twice already this season for Real after they won trophies hence why Zidane didnt do it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yep no mention that Barcelona have refused them twice already this season for Real after they won trophies hence why Zidane didnt do it

Barca refused it after madrid won the club world championship...not a real trophy is it?

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Barca refused it after madrid won the club world championship...not a real trophy is it?

Barcelona got them when they returned to La Liga twice with the trophy from Betis and Villarreal in 2010 and 2015

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

It’s a league thing - not an every single trophy thing. Quite obviously, too. 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They have the will to win and never say die spirit Man. United always had under Fergie. Juventus are very similar aswell (probably the most similar modern side to those United teams).

I personally think Barca going unbeaten would feel more strange. Aside from Messi being in GOD mode for most of the year this season is nowhere on level on the Pep sides from 6-7 years ago and their CL performance reflected it.

The difference is that those sides were dominant domestically - this Madrid team is nowhere near that. For a team to win 3 CL trophies in a row, you’d expect (and, for me, want) them to be an incredible team. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Real may be a "word removed" team but so are Liverpool, horrible self-entitled club with legions of scumbags for fans.

Nowhere near the same level of club, at all. Sergio Ramos is the king word removed of footballers. Liverpool have no-one even in the same universe of word removed as him.

I think Birmingham must have these legions of terrible Liverpool fans. I just haven’t experienced this self-entitlement at all. Nowhere near Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea levels. Not even close!

Just now, bobzy said:

Nowhere near the same level of club, at all. Sergio Ramos is the king word removed of footballers. Liverpool have no-one even in the same universe of word removed as him.

I think Birmingham must have these legions of terrible Liverpool fans. I just haven’t experienced this self-entitlement at all. Nowhere near Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea levels. Not even close!

Not right now, but they've had many of horrific words removed even in their recent past, like Luis Suarez, one of the biggest scumbags in the game. Liverpool fans in Liverpool have an hilarious victim mentality and in other parts of the country (especially Birmingham and London) they are horrifically self entitled. 

• Like 1

Â